• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My parents and their new cavalier...

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
My parents are adopting a retired breeding girl who should arrive to them this week or next!! icon_banana icon_banana It will be their first cavalier and their first dog since the mid 80s (and that was a Great Pyrenees so this is seriously downsizing for them, canine-wise).

I'm so excited for them -- I talked to dad this evening to make sure he was adequately briefed and his lap properly prepared... :lol: They've been thinking about another dog for so long and a retired girl is just perfect for them -- they wouldn't really be up to a puppy without me there to help, I think.

I am heading out to California at the end of the month so I will promise some pictures of her. It will be so much fun to get to have a cavalier around even when I am far away from Jaspar and Leo. I only wish they could all meet!

The funny thing is, it was mom who first told me about cavaliers -- I'd never heard of them. She'd met someone on a train journey who had pics of her cavaliers in her pocketbook instead of her children. :lol: Of course I only have images of my dogs in my phone... :lol:

That is wonderful !!

They will have so much love in their life with a cavalier... Can't wait to see some pics !!

Oh I'm so thrilled for them Karlin, I know you have all been planning and looking for quite some time :D

It's wonderful that you are going to get to meet the new baby so soon too...don't forget that you've promised us photos :lol:

What colour is she and what is her name??

Somewhat smaller than a GP, but the personality is just as big :D

Really wish them all well, and I'm sure this lucky girlie is going to have a wonderful time.

I'm so glad your parents are adopting an older girl who is retired from breeding - that is what my Sophie is and she's such a luv! Once she discovered my bed with the little set of stairs next to it, there's no talking her out of her new retirement!!

Sheri Ramirez

icon_banana icon_banana

I'm glad that everything worked out. How fun for them! :D

Her name is Blu and she's a little blenheim. :) I called Dad to see if he's heard any more news. The weather has to be just right as they won't put dogs in the hold unless the outside air is a certain temp. While the plane warms once airborne, the dogs can spend a long time waiting in the hold beforehand as they are loaded early. Hence it needs to be a comfortable temp.

So as soon as the weather is just right, she's fly off to retirement in California. 8)

karlin said:
The funny thing is, it was mom who first told me about cavaliers -- I'd never heard of them. She'd met someone on a train journey who had pics of her cavaliers in her pocketbook instead of her children. :lol: Of course I only have images of my dogs in my phone... :lol:

Hey, great news for your parents and you. I think that's wonderful that they are adopting a retired girl. Bet you can hardly wait to see their new addition. How did they find the dog and breeder?

Had to laugh about the woman with dog pictures in her pocketbook; Kris and I have been criticized more than once by our daughter because we have more pictures of dogs in our house than her or our grandchildren!

Blu is from Laura Lang -- I'd been in touch with her before and one of her posts elsewhere about retired dogs had me thinking about a retired dog for my parents. Turns out they were really a lot happier with the idea of an older dog themselves, and turned out Laura had two girls going into retirement, so the timing was perfect.

Here she is:

http://roycroftcavaliers.com/blupg.htm

I'd talked about quite a few alternatives. At first I was going to get a puppy here and at about age one would transfer her to my folks. Then we also considered a rescue (and ironically they got a call on a rescue just last week but were able to let that dog go to the next person on the very long waiting list!). Plus I would keep an eye out for potential rescues here that I could bring over. But a retired breeding girl was a perfect fit all around.

Hooray!!! She is just adorable.

Yep, got a wallet full of puppy pictures in my purse. I have to laugh when someone starts talking to me about my dogs. "Oh, I've never heard of that breed", "Here...I happen to have 10 pictures of them in my wallet!!"

Oh that's so wonderful, Karlin....for all involved! Blu is a gorgeous lady and I'm sure will be a perfect addition to your parent's house. :)

I'm always whipping out pictures of Pixie and the kitties...at stores, restaurants, hair salon. It's tax season, my busy time at the office, and I probably have 25 pictures of my "kids" scattered around for my clients to see. :oops:

Well isn't she a beautiful baby :) Your folks are going to fall in love the moment they set eyes on her :)

I'm afraid I'm guilty of having more furbaby pics than human ones too. Only last night a visitor asked me 'So who do you love most, the dogs or your hubby?' Hubs immediately piped up 'No need to ask her that, it's pretty obvious' :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least he knows his place :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maxxs_Mummy said:
I'm afraid I'm guilty of having more furbaby pics than human ones too. Only last night a visitor asked me 'So who do you love most, the dogs or your hubby?' Hubs immediately piped up 'No need to ask her that, it's pretty obvious' :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least he knows his place :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can relate to that :lol:

Back