• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

dry bald spots

:? Hi this is my first post on this forum. I am a little worried about my cav, He has developed dry spots on his back and sides that are kind of scabby and they are starting to go bald. I have taken him to the vet and am waiting for the results of skin scrappings, Which billy didn't like one little bit. But in the mean time he is still scratching and everytime I stroke him he starts licking the air. I was wandering if anyone else has ever seen this and what it turned out to be. He seems healthy enough. and his coat is still nice and glossy.The vet was really pleased with him in that respect. but he didn't tell me anything about what he suspects this could be, and that worries me. Please help. cavtiny cavtiny cavtiny cavtiny

At one time Jake had mites. He had bald spots on his front legs from where he chewed at them. We had an ointment to put on it and eventually it all cleared up and the hair grew back fine.

Let us know what your vet says.

Thanks that sounds a bit more hopeful than what other people have told me, I was told by a few people that it could be round worm, But I would have thought that I would pick it up to if it was since round worm is contagious to humans. I will let you know what the vet says as soon as I get the results back. cavtiny cavtiny

Hi still haven't got the results back for billys skin scap yet but on the mean time I found this really great stuff that relieves the itching. It's a spray that you put on and brush through the fur and it really does help. It's called pet aid, you can use it on cats dogs and horses, Was a great find. My local pet shop recomended it. 8) 8)

:lol: :lol: Hi sorry it's been a while I havw just been so crazily busy. Billy is curd of his dry patches, I had used a spot on flea preventative on him. you know the ones that you put on the back of the neck. Well it turns out that he is allergic to it and got a bacterial skininflamation from it. I definately wont be using that again. I have spoken to a few people since I found out what caused it and they have said their dogs have had a similar reaction to it.

billys mum said:
:lol: :lol: Hi sorry it's been a while I havw just been so crazily busy. Billy is curd of his dry patches, I had used a spot on flea preventative on him. you know the ones that you put on the back of the neck. Well it turns out that he is allergic to it and got a bacterial skininflamation from it. I definately wont be using that again. I have spoken to a few people since I found out what caused it and they have said their dogs have had a similar reaction to it.

There are a couple of different kind of spot treatments-- one is especially known for causing bad side effects-- IMHO <and my vet>frontline seems to be the safest <and most expensive :eek:( >. I only use frontline if I see critters-- and the spray seems to be well tolerated.

Back