• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Colby's acting like a puppy now !

Roxanne

Just 2 days shy of 4 weeks old now ! I went to visit him yesterday and he is really acting like a puppy now ! He licked and licked my face and my neck and when I put him back in the crate he kind of whined a teent bit and gave a teeny little bark LOL He is wagging his tail and walking all around now ! Its been so fun bonding with him since he was a newborn ! I am about 1/2 way to "gotcha day" !!

colby2daysfrombeing4weeksold-vi.jpg

colbyalmost4wksold-vi.jpg

Colbyalmost4wks-vi.jpg

Colbytired_almost4weeks-vi.jpg

What a cute little guy. I think thats just great that you are able to visit him and watch him develop; I'm sure it's something you'll remember all your life. Isn't it funny how they lick at such a young age? And those first little puppy barks are really cute, but that also comes under the heading of "Be careful what you wish for!".

Watching puppies go from basically a "lump" when they're born, to the point where you are where they are getting their personality is my favorite time. I'm always watching for that first paw to be lifted, as they discover "play" and their siblings. Don't get me wrong, I love watching them at all stages of development, but that is my favorite stage.

Yes, he does have the same type of "blaze" that Flora has, I know you are so anxious to get him home.

One thought. Is your breeder calling him by his forever name of Colby? When I picked Fauna up at 10.5 weeks she already was answering to and recognizing her name as the breeder had been using it from the time I "chose" her. Flora only had her name before we got her for a couple of weeks but she also would respond to it. It has been so much easier to "instruct" them with that part already accomplished. Just a thought. . .

JaneB

What a cute little guy. I am going thru this same thing right now. I having been visiting my girl every two weeks to bond and will finally get to pick her up on June 30. I can hardly wait.

So adorable, our breeder was great, we had photo's and only went to visit on week four, but she updated us all the time, she started to call them their names after we visited - Mollie has ended up as Mollie Rocket as she is mad and runs all over the place...

We almost named our boy Colby, as in Colby Jack cheese because he's blenheim - kind of orange and white like the cheese. Is that where you got it, too? :) We ended up going with "Corgan" after the lead singer of Smashing Pumpkins because hey, if my husband is letting me get a "froo froo" looking dog, I can at least let him give it a rock-n-roll name, right? :lol:

RockNRollCav said:
We almost named our boy Colby, as in Colby Jack cheese because he's blenheim - kind of orange and white like the cheese. Is that where you got it, too? :) We ended up going with "Corgan" after the lead singer of Smashing Pumpkins because hey, if my husband is letting me get a "froo froo" looking dog, I can at least let him give it a rock-n-roll name, right? :lol:

Is there actually a letting in it? :badgrin: When I found out about Maxx's litter I phoned my hubby in work and told him that this time I just knew it was the one & that he had to get home early to take me to puppy cuddle :lol: I don't think he'd have any other breed in the house now though - he tells everyone how wonderful 'his' boys are :lol:

Back