• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Zack and the dog show

judy

I was sitting in my easy chair, watching the Westminster dog show on TV. I had just turned it on, and suddenly i heard barking coming from Zack who was on the floor. He was barking at the dog on TV. This seemed odd, that he would think those dogs were somehow able to hear him barking. He was fearful actually, tail down, just the tip wagging. He kept barking, and staring at the dogs parading on the TV screen. This went on off and on for the next hour and a half. Most of the time he wasn't barking, just watching, intently, fascinated. At first he was on the floor, and then sitting in my lap in the chair, and later on the floor again. I was sitting on the floor in front of the TV and he was laying on the floor chewing his new Dr Noys teddy bear, but while he chewed the teddy bear, he kept his eyes on the tv screen--this had been going on a long time at that point. So, I made a bunch of photos of him watching the TV. Here are a couple of them (is this normal behavior? For the two weeks i've had him, the TV is on every night. I've seen him look at it before, but nothing like this.)

zacshow0.jpg

zacshow4.jpg

Hi there is another thread on this in General and titled TV Watching, seems most of our dogs do something of the sort....

It seems this is pretty common with this breed.
http://cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1278

We gave Abbey a new bone last night just so we could watch Westminster, otherwise she'd go nuts. At first it's cute, but then it pretty much ruins anything we're trying to watch, because the only way to get her to stop is to turn the channel. There are times when I'm in another room and I can hear her going off on the tv, then she quiets down, so it must have been a commercial with a dog or animal. :lol:

hahha. i just read that thread on Watching TV. I would've thought they would know it was a machine, not a dog--because of not having the dog scent. But i was wrong. it's really cute. But i can see how it could be a real problem. The commercial for Westminster has been on for weeks and Zack hasn't paid much attention before, including last night, but when he saw the dogs parading on TV (and also the cavalier breed video on my laptop) he reacted. i'm not sure if it's a sign of intelligence or retardaton.
:lol:

about the freckled legs, he has them in the back too, though a bit less dramatic. He is part dalmation? :eek:

judy said:
about the freckled legs, he has them in the back too, though a bit less dramatic. He is part dalmation? :eek:

A man stopped me at an outdoor market in DC last summer and asked me how old my dalmation puppy was. :x Come on!

Back