• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Greenies- Dangerous!!!!

We've had some other posts on the topic a while ago -- sure took CNN a long time to pick up on this story though, which ran elsewhere back before Christmas!

I don't have any issues myself with feeding Greenies -- mine slowly chew them down and they come out very digested at the other end. :roll: I am sure far more intestinal problems have been caused by rawhides, which many people won't feed either.

It really comes down to personal comfort zones, but the decisions can be difficult. I feed raw bones which MOST vets will say are dangerous, but I feel are very good for dental health as well. Cavaliers run a serious risk of heart disease and gum disease and tartar are known to be contributors to gum disease, which I feel poses a far higher health risk.

Overall I don't think there's such a thing as a totally safe edible chew. A dog can choke on a piece of kibble, for example... icon_yikes

Back