Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with cat poop!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the cat may be too big to be ducking under the gate, this works with one of mine but she's only 2.5kilos or so. Cody picked up the cat flap idea fairly quickly too from watching the cats which is just as well because we have them in several of our internal door also

Another option is to put the litterbox on a table top out of the dogs reach.
    One of my cats had great difficulty getting to grips with jumping the gate because the gate was to thin for him to balance on top of, it took almost 2 weeks until he was managing it ! This is the same cat who has no problem clearing a 7ft fence in the garden when he gets the chance or escaping out of the skylights upstairs
    Stephen 3 Cavs - Cody, Abigail & Jasmine, Gavin the terrier and the cats - Buffy, Kendra, Thomas, Caleb, Robin & Cadbury, the Geckos - Crane, Poole, Schmidt, Amber, Seven, Eleven, Thirteen, Ivy, Gretchen, Darcy, Ari, Zeva, Claude & Claudine, Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Dov, Ronia, Netanya

Post Thanks / Like

Another suggestion might be, there is this stuff called Forbid... You put it in your cat's food, it is tasteless to the cat and it makes the poo taste terrible for dogs.

Here is the website
    www.revivalanimal.com
    and go to Dogs, on the left side of the screen. Then to Health Suppies for Dogs. And it is on the very first page of that section. It's called Forbid, and it breaks dogs and puppies from eating stools. It is about 12$
    Thanks-
    Thanks from JoJo (M-blen- 2 yrs) , Jack (M-Tri 1 yr at the Bridge) , and Miley's Destiny our newest addition born April 22nd (F-Blen 14 weeks old)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karlin
    There are also a couple of options out on the net of fully enclosed litter boxes that are pretty nice; the cat can get in but a dog can't.

For example:

http://www.outofsightlitterbox.com/
    Thank you so much! That looks like it will work!
    Kat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jen
    another option is to put a gate up off the ground a bit so the cats can get under it, but the dog can't.
    Now there's another great idea as well! The cat is very fat, but I think if he can fit under my bed everyday, he could get through that!
    Kat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenihill
    Another suggestion might be, there is this stuff called Forbid... You put it in your cat's food, it is tasteless to the cat and it makes the poo taste terrible for dogs.

Here is the website
    www.revivalanimal.com
    and go to Dogs, on the left side of the screen. Then to Health Suppies for Dogs. And it is on the very first page of that section. It's called Forbid, and it breaks dogs and puppies from eating stools. It is about 12$
    Thanks-
    thank you everyone for your input!! I am going to buy some of this as well. One of these ways has to help!
    Kat

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I did have to laugh as he looked like he had a large cigar hanging out his mouth....
    Those are FIRM cat poops!! Leo looks like he has a cigar when he has those pizzle sticks; he always walks around with it half hanging out of his mouth.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default We have a solution!!!!!!

We have a company coming out Saturday called "Invisible Fence". I don't know if anyone outside of the US is familiar with it. We aren't allowed fences in our neightborhood, so this is a wire underground that sends some kind of zap to the dog if they try to get out of the yard. It sounded inhumane to me, but my neighbors all swear by it. We've had too many problems with Isabelle escaping and keeping her stuck on her chain and not able to roam feels more inhumane to me than the fence.
    Well they can rig the inside of your house too, so they are going to set up a boundary for the furnace room, so hopefully one or two time trying to get in there, she'll learn. I woke up to cat poop and litter all over my living room floor last night. Isabelle must have been sleepwalking in the middle of the night for a midnight snack.
    LOL
    Kat

Post Thanks / Like

icon_yikes

thank god not one of my dogs like cat poo instead they eat the cat food
    Joanne
    Dogs- Molly,Jodie and Tara

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers