• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Recipe book

Nicki

We are creating a book of doggy recipes to raise money for Rupert's Fund.

If anyone has any suitable recpies, please could you look them out, and e-mail them to me at [email protected]

They need to be your own creation, as we do not wish to breach copyright regulations.

When you send the recipes, please include your name so you can be credited with submitting the recipe.

All submissions will be considered, obviously there is a maximum amount of recipes we can include, and I will try to ensure we have a varied selection, so it may not be possible to include every recipe. Everyone who submitted a recipe will be credited though.

The intention is to create the book as a downloadable PDF, obviously printing costs would be excessive.

I look forward to lots of recipes, and my doggies are hoping I will have some baking sessions for them to try out your ideas :D

Last edited:
I will get my chefs hat on and start thinking! I believe Sabby contributed some good posts a few weeks earlier about cooking and baking :D

I have a friend who's Lab has gluten and wheat intolerances and she has a great receipe for little Salmon Biscuits.
Ill find out ASAP as it would be great to have a receipe or two for those with intolerant dogs!

Thanks guys - Karen that would be great, it would be lovely to have a few recipes for dogs with special dietary needs.

I just bought a tiny bone-shaped cookie cutter - will be developing some dog biscuit recipes for the book as well. :)

Ahh that's cute Cathy.

I confess that mine aren't as spoilt, I tend to roll out the biscuit mix straight onto the non-stick baking sheet, cut it roughly into squares and then lift it onto the baking tray - it's the quickest way I've found to do it!!

I normally bake once a week a big batch of all different once I give them to my friends and neighbours. I promised Brian some but my mass production has come to a holt as my main oven has packed up and I am waiting for a new element to be fitted. I tried a new recipe on Saturday and we ended up eating it ourselves. I also got all different biscuit cutters.

Please do Desrae, and anyone else :D

I have started working on the recipe book, and I'm sure she wouldn't mind me telling you, Clare Rusbridge very kindly e-mailed me with a "recipe" too - I can't wait for you all to see it :)

So hurry up everyone and send your recipes in, so we can get this together and start selling them to add to the funds :jmp:
You can either e-mail them to me at [email protected] or PM them on the board - my PM box tends to get a bit full so in preference, please e-mail!

Margaret C also came up with the wonderful suggestion of having a section on ways to disguise pills!! I'm sure we've all struggled with that at sometime or other. So if anyone has any good suggestions for that, please send those too.

Margaret C also came up with the wonderful suggestion of having a section on ways to disguise pills!! I'm sure we've all struggled with that at sometime or other. So if anyone has any good suggestions for that, please send those too.

What a fantastic idea! :)

I've bought my biscuit ingredients finally, and will start cooking. Do you want photos to go with the recipes?

Photos, that's a good question. If you need photos, let us know... I'll whip up a batch and take pictures. I have another recipe or two in the works, will be sending them shortly...

I'm so sorry Cathy I missed this :eek: {I need kicking every now and then LOL} - yes a few photos would be lovely :) if poss...

More recipes would be great - thanks guys.

Hoping to put this together over the next week or so, if you would like your recipes included, please e-mail them as soon as possible, thank you.

Just a gentle reminder for recipes please - obviously with recent events there has been a delay in producing the recipe book, but I hope to put it together shortly.

Please send me your recipes for inclusion - thank you :D

Back