• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Video Evidence

Pet insurance will not cover a preexisting condition. So maybe when you join you should wait until it kicks in. That way there's no condition on record. As long as you don't think Coco is suffering in any way. Pet insurance is definitely the way to go, not that I have used mine yet, I hope I never will have to. I have Pet Plan they cover your dog for life and my two are covered for up to $14,000 a year each for accident and injury. It costs me $40.99 a month for each dog. That's Australian. I don't know what your's would be. Not a lot of companies cover for life that's why I chose Pet.

Pet insurance will not cover a preexisting condition. So maybe when you join you should wait until it kicks in. That way there's no condition on record. As long as you don't think Coco is suffering in any way. Pet insurance is definitely the way to go, not that I have used mine yet, I hope I never will have to. I have Pet Plan they cover your dog for life and my two are covered for up to $14,000 a year each for accident and injury. It costs me $40.99 a month for each dog. That's Australian. I don't know what your's would be. Not a lot of companies cover for life that's why I chose Pet.

I just signed up with Pet Plan, I was amazed they began coverage next day. That means I can keep Coco's appointment for next week :) Thanks for the tip, insurance was something I was looking into but hadn't found one I liked, this one by far beat all the others I read about!

Zumie, was it today your appointment with Coco? If not fingers crossed for the appointment and hope you get to the bottom of it soon :)

I've watched the video a few times and on first viewing it looks as though it's a mix of something she can hear/see/and is warning off - all at once :confused:

Though Scarlett is my first Cavalier, I've been around dogs for most of my life but I suppose it still could be said that I don't have a wealth of knowledge and experience in behaviour of dogs.I've gained what I know through ownership,reading/research,hobbie reading etc.So it's a guess, it is puzzling, however.

Keep us updated :flwr:

Re: Pet Insurance

Through a friend I was told about AFI or Animal Friends Insurance.They're a non-profit organisation who work with Charities, one being the protection of Silver Backed Gorillas.They pay out immediately to your Vet and their customer services have being noted as excellent.I did a quote online and was impressed but was worried I get "the hard sell" from someone at other end but to no avail.The woman was very helpful in helping with my queries and made no attempt to steer me towards a particular package.When asked in a round about sort away, why she wasn't, she said that AFI are happy to answer customer queries but it is then the customer's choice in deciding which one is most suitable for them.I was impressed! :biggrin: Plus, I've had no increase in my monthly payment.AFI might be worth a look?

ETA - Just before going ahead with AFI, I was still suspicious so I asked if there were any "loopholes" when it came to breed specific aliments,diseases and there aren't.I was told that as long as there was no history of such condition it was fine.Also what I found different to other insurers was that there was no question about Pedigree as I know Tesco for instance do ask?? Hmmm.

I've just seen you're in USA icon_nwunsure wondering if they're specifically UK based.Not sure if it's against the rules to post a link to their website?

Last edited:
Zumie, was it today your appointment with Coco? If not fingers crossed for the appointment and hope you get to the bottom of it soon :)

I've watched the video a few times and on first viewing it looks as though it's a mix of something she can hear/see/and is warning off - all at once :confused:

Though Scarlett is my first Cavalier, I've been around dogs for most of my life but I suppose it still could be said that I don't have a wealth of knowledge and experience in behaviour of dogs.I've gained what I know through ownership,reading/research,hobbie reading etc.So it's a guess, it is puzzling, however.

Keep us updated :flwr:

We rescheduled to Tuesday the 29th - I signed up for insurance in the mean time. My schedule is just CRAZY right now because I am dealing with planning my wedding at the same time. Will update!!!

I just signed up with Pet Plan, I was amazed they began coverage next day. That means I can keep Coco's appointment for next week :) Thanks for the tip, insurance was something I was looking into but hadn't found one I liked, this one by far beat all the others I read about!

I just read this thread. Coverage with PetPlan begins for accidents only after 24 hours but for illnesses, there is a two week waiting period. I carefully checked this when I re-enrolled Tucker about a month before his MRI. Here is a cut and paste from PetPlan website:

Is there a waiting period before I can use my Petplan insurance?
There is a fourteen (14) day waiting period after the effective date of the policy during which we will not cover any illness of your pet. The waiting period will not apply to any renewal of this policy if continuous coverage is maintained. Coverage for injury of your pet will begin twenty four (24) hours after the effective date of the policy. To start a quote click here.

Pat

I just read this thread. Coverage with PetPlan begins for accidents only after 24 hours but for illnesses, there is a two week waiting period. I carefully checked this when I re-enrolled Tucker about a month before his MRI. Here is a cut and paste from PetPlan website:

Is there a waiting period before I can use my Petplan insurance?
There is a fourteen (14) day waiting period after the effective date of the policy during which we will not cover any illness of your pet. The waiting period will not apply to any renewal of this policy if continuous coverage is maintained. Coverage for injury of your pet will begin twenty four (24) hours after the effective date of the policy. To start a quote click here.

Pat

Hmm so I am guessing my visit to the Neurologist will not count as an injury. Oh well. I at least hope it will cover an MRI if we do that in the future.
Oh my gosh. Well we have not done an MRI yet, just blood work to check for a metabolic condition.

I called them and they said that it this visit will not be covered. BUT, if the blood work comes back normal, what this test was for will not be a "pre existing condition" so that is good. Fingers crossed everything is normal!

Last edited:
Back