• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fun Dog Show ESSEX

Thats a good idea to all wear a red carnation...at least we'll spot other eachother if we're all wandering around lost!!:-D

Mel

Of course the first thing we would spot is a Cavalier, then all we have to look for is the carnation! I'm sure you've all seen enough pics of me (I'm fatter in real life!) and we should know what Margaret looks like by now so two of us sorted!

Sounds like your all going to have a fun day, if your anything like me you always end up having a chat to other cavalier owners anyway, your have to take a supply of your CT cards Pauline, your love entering Dylan in a Dog Show, we use to enter Jasper, and he won a few Rossetes, we were so proud.:)

Last edited:
What did you win in? I'm hoping for waggiest tail or prettiest eyes or something sweet like that.

Jasper won handsome dog and waggiest tail, I know they are only for fun but we were so pleased, Dylan should win something - who cannot resist a cavalier, but maybe I am biased.

Yeah but they'll be quite a few Cavaliers that day :rolleyes: I don't mind if we don't win, it'll just be nice to be around all those dogs. I used to go to dog training not only for Dylan but for me to spend an hour with lots of lovely dogs!

Even amongst all these Cavaliers Dylan should easily win something. He is so gorgeous.:l*v:

Hi there

I am one of the organisers of WHAM and I am thrilled to bits that some of you maybe coming along, as a long time Cavvie owner (we have had 3 over the past 20 years) its great there will be some of these gorgeous breed attending.

You will find the show located in the Park that has its entrance of Writtle Road, not the main House entrance.

We are going to get some signs up (hopefully) directing people to the Writtle road entrance.

Natalie
WHAM show Organiser

Hi Natalie,

Can you suggest a good meeting point please Natalie? It might be for a picnic if everyone likes that idea.

Look out for us, we should be wearing a red flower each. I suggest we all buy a fake RED flower each now, the factory shop do a whole bunch for about £1.

There may be some arriving at different times so do you all think it's a good idea to meet for a picnic at lunch time?

Hi,

If we all wear wear a fake red flower and exchange mobile numbers we should all be able to meet!:p
It sounds like a good idea to meet for a picnic at a specific place.
I really hope as many of us attend as possible as its going to be great getting all the cavs together as well of us of course:grin:

What time do you all intend getting there?

Mel

Not sure I'll be able to make it, :( we'll have to see how Maddie's doing with her slipped disc. If OH is working and she's on crate rest still (vet thinks this is likely, I'm not sure, we'll have to take it 1 day at a time) I can't leave her for long.

:xfngr: she's ok by then.

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that, poor Maddie. Maybe you can get her a dog stroller too. Give her a little kiss from me, I hope she is better soon :hug:

Of course the first thing we would spot is a Cavalier, then all we have to look for is the carnation! I'm sure you've all seen enough pics of me (I'm fatter in real life!) and we should know what Margaret looks like by now so two of us sorted!

I always go to the WHAM show- normally its nearer me as I live near lakeside but im definatly up for travelling a bit further away and meeting up with everyone!! What a fantastic idea. Im also going to paws in the park in kent this year if anyone will be there?

Karen

Looking forward to meeting you all this month. 19 days to go. PM me if you want my mobile number to help us all meet up. I'm afraid I didn't twig this was on a Sunday until recently, I'll be in a meeting till 12 noon, get there as soon as I can. I'll have to rush home, get changed, get Dylan and it's a 20 minute drive to Chelmsford. Not sure how far the the High Lands Park though, I'll do my best.

Only a week or so to go now:)

If you come into the main park entrance, Writtle road, over the speed bumps we are on the little site where the road forks to the right.

There are loos in the car park so a good focal point for meeting, also my caravan will be where is slightly deranged organisers will be located next to the PA/Music area.

There is also a HUGE tree where the caterers will be BBQ and hot/cold drinks so no doubt you will all find each other, and red carnations seem to be the thing to wear:D

Back