• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Everyone, meet Nikki!

Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie around here... I posted months ago about adding a Cavalier to our family. We added Nikki to our family in December. She is 7 years old, and she is a retired show/breeding bitch. She and Burgess are not best buds, but they do fine together. She is a joy! She wants nothing more than to lay in your lap and eat your food. :D

Here she is!
dmcmc9

My husband with Nikki and our other dog, Burgess.
bjefqt

Look at that sweet face!
95o9j6

Congratulations on your Cavalier addition to the family! :rah: Both dogs are just beautiful- have fun with them.

Nikki is beautiful and I'm sure the two dogs will soon be pals.

Our golden retriever now gives our Abigail a soft kiss and allows the pup to attack her nose (which I can assume isn't very pleasant).

Heather R

Well good for you!!! Congratulations and big huge welcome to Nikki. I very much remember your original post asking about Cavaliers in general and was so pleasantly surprised at how well you took the myriad of comments posted. It was obvious you were really asking to be educated. I think Nikki is going to be great in your home. Burgess is just drop dead gorgeous!! My boy had a special friendship with a Newfy for a while and just adored that big huge dog....especially the body soaking doggie kisses ;) Nikki is absolutely precious....I look forward to hearing more about her. And, again...good for you!!! :)

Oh well done and congrats...she is beautiful and burgess is a very handsome boy!

She's a gorgeous cavalier and love that big Newf! (he redefines 'lap dog' though! :rotfl:)

I very much remember your original post asking about Cavaliers in general and was so pleasantly surprised at how well you took the myriad of comments posted. It was obvious you were really asking to be educated. I think Nikki is going to be great in your home. Burgess is just drop dead gorgeous!! My boy had a special friendship with a Newfy for a while and just adored that big huge dog....especially the body soaking doggie kisses ;) Nikki is absolutely precious....I look forward to hearing more about her. And, again...good for you!!! :)

Thank you very much! I took the comments to heart and I've really been trying to learn more about the breed. In addition, we've done a lot of work and training with Burgess to ensure he behaves himself around Nikki. It usually just takes a "Geeeentle" when he gets near Nikki before he looks to us for direction. If he gets too rough (he likes to stand on top of her so that she is underneath his belly and he doesn't let her go) then we put him in time out. Everything has been really great and I'm glad for the advice I've gotten here.

Thank you so much to everyone else for your kind words, as well!

Ohhhhhh, Nikki is gorgeous...congratulations on a beautiful, sweet addition to your family. I am sure you will fall in love with her....Judy

I just love the older pups and Nikki is surely a beautiful dog. What a wonderful addition to your family. Your Newf is a lap-full!

Thank you everyone! She doesn't act like an older dog at all - except the fact that she's not CRAZY with energy like our pup is. She is a wonderful, sweet dog!

Back