• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

does anyone know 'Wolfsblut'?

renate

does anyone here know the german kibble Wolfsblut'?

i am on the lookout for a good kibble for sienna. her digestive system does not take kindly to raw food, which is quite obviously seen by her lacklustre coat. also she is burping far too much.

sienna had a very severe dislocation of the pelvis when she was a puppy. it has caused her much pain and it took 2½ years to get her sorted. living with pain more or less always has made her rather a bit timid, or nervous.

when she was 4 months old she was attacked by a large dog which almost killed her. so she is a bit uneasy about many things, a real worrier she is.

because of all this her stomach produces a lot of acid, a process which seems to be facilitated by the raw meat.

now i have fed her kibble (Golden Eagle duck and poatatoe) for a couple of weeks, and she is fine. her caot is almost gleaming, and she does not burp all the time.

this kibble is good, but i would like something with a higher protein content. we do a lot of training, and a lot of competitions, so she needs a bit more protein than many other dogs.

this Wolfsblut sounds good to me, and i would appreciate to hear if anyone has experience feeding it.:)

I don't know that one Renate, the only German one I know {now available here in the UK} is Markus Muehle

www.markus-muehle.de
www.markus-muehle.co.uk

We have jsut been trying this, it seems very good. It is cold pressed rather than baked and extruded.

I was also using some raw, but after a recent scare with E Coli, I am now much more reluctant :( and am trying to find a more natural kibble.

I really like the look of Orijen - but it's a bit expensive over here :(

Tell me about it! :( I changed mine onto it before Christmas, and it was expensive then, but Maddie is doing really well on it (they have the 6 fish variety), and then when I ordered a new bag at the beginning of the month the price had gone up considerably (although I think some of that rise was due to the VAT returning to 17.5%, not just the manufacturer upping the price).:eek: But, it's the best Maddie has ever been for condition, coat and energy levels/ focus in training, so while I can continue to afford it that's what they'll get.(y)

If price isn't an issue this is one food I'd recommend. I have noticed though that we are having to feed less volume than we were on JWB or Wainwrights, and Pippin is on a diet, having put on weight initially. I think we've got the quantities just about right now.:xfngr:

thanks for your answers!

i did try Orijen, but it definitely does not agree with my gilrs' digestive systems. after 3 weeks of losse stools i decided to give it up. went back to raw food and all was well again.

i will buy a small portion of Wolfsblut when we are in germany during easter, to see how it goes.

Back