• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Any Cavaliers tried lure coursing?

Lukesmom

Luke just tried lure coursing this morning. He thought it was great. I'd been reluctant to try him until recently, when someone else got a setup, because the only other place locally is unfenced, and has a pond near one side (I worried he would take off for the pond to go swimming). I even decided to put him in for an extra run because he loved it so much. The new club doesn't offer AKC events, but the other unfenced place does. I'm thinking about trying him over there, and maybe entering him in a Coursing Ability Test.

My boy's breeder took one of her dogs to try it, she had a fantastic time. I am thinking about trying it out myself. I would be nervous about an unfenced area though. You might want to work on recall so if Luke decides to explore you can call him back.

My boy's breeder took one of her dogs to try it, she had a fantastic time. I am thinking about trying it out myself. I would be nervous about an unfenced area though. You might want to work on recall so if Luke decides to explore you can call him back.

He usually recalls fine, except around water. I keep an emergency ball for him, because he loves balls, and I trust he will come for that. Now that I know he will follow the lure, I'm not worried about him running off. He also won't go into water unless I throw a ball in, that's why I always keep one for him. I'll have to put his video on youtube so I can share it.

Back