• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier/Italian Greyhound Mix?

Adam and I, and our girl affenpincher Hank, are looking into what kind of second dog to get. Does the cavalier/IG mix exsist? I am an active runner and love to cuddle in the house too. I love the look of the cavalier and think the mix would be realy beautiful. Hank loves other dogs and has a friend named Maggie in the neighborhood who is a Cavapoo. If anyone has any knowledge for me or advice we have open ears.

Jamie

[email protected]

Who has been around long enough to remember Pamela Turle's "Windsor Hounds" - a cross between a whippet and a Cavalier?? Bet? Margaret?

I saw a video of them a long time ago - strange looking - and I think the effort was very short lived. Was that in the 60's??? I googled and couldn't find any reference.

And.......I'll let others address the subject of designer dogs...........

Pat

Who has been around long enough to remember Pamela Turle's "Windsor Hounds" - a cross between a whippet and a Cavalier?? Bet? Margaret?

I saw a video of them a long time ago - strange looking - and I think the effort was very short lived. Was that in the 60's??? I googled and couldn't find any reference.

And.......I'll let others address the subject of designer dogs...........

Pat

Before my time ( first cavalier 1976 ) I think, although I remember Pam Turle well & I have heard about her cavalier cross.

I rather think they may have been called Tudor Hounds and Barbara Reese had first hand experience of them.

Don't know if Bet remembers anything?

You might try looking at petfinder for cavalier mixes, I got my Zoe from there and whatever she is mixed with is a great combination. She is 25 lbs at 8 months, snuggles whenever, is very laid back and loves to run/fetch and all around be active.
She doesn't look as much like a cavalier but is amazing and beautiful and acts like one.
Good luck with your search, they are great dogs!
-Osanna and Zoe :)

Yes, they were called Tudor Hounds!!! Sorry I had a brain/typing fingers disconnect! Just the difference between Elizabeth I and Elizabeth II!!!

Pat (stupid American......)

Hah. Thats cool info about the Tudor Hound. I would like to see one of these mythical dogs! Is there an exsisting Cavalier mix that looks like a really little Saluki?

image007.jpg

Yes, they were called Tudor Hounds!!! Sorry I had a brain/typing fingers disconnect! Just the difference between Elizabeth I and Elizabeth II!!!

Pat (stupid American......)

What is a few hundred years between friends?

Over time I have read your really informative posts with great interest........ so anything but stupid.

Barbara has emailed me to say......

"Pam had bred these crosses for a long time and still had a couple of them up to the time she died. The later ones were really lovely . They had cavalier heads and eyes and a tucked up whippet body ( although slightly heavier built than a whippet) and boy were they fast !!

She was trying to perfect a small hunting hound and I think she was quite pleased with the results of the last ones. The only thing that upset her was that they wouldn't kill their quarry. They could catch anything but they just didn't have the killer instinct

The last one I saw at her farm was a lovely Ruby bitch who was nearly 10 years old."

I am an active runner and love to cuddle in the house too.
Jamie, how active a runner are you, say what’s your average distance travelled and time it takes plus how often do you go out running?

My wife and I over the years at times looked after a friend’s Italians at our home. Here is a photo of my wife with the Italians, and that’s our Cavalier Chyna waking up and wondering what all the flashing plus the flash charging up noise was all about. Below that is what one of the Italians obtained and so did our Chyna as that is her Endurance Title certificate. Also some Italian breeders do health test their breeding dogs for some things before deciding to breed them, and so do some who breed crossbreeds also similarly health test.

Edited, sorry images removed as my wife complained, and the certificate contained our home address and there might be some looneys out there on the internet.

Last edited:
Jamie, how active a runner are you, say what’s your average distance travelled and time it takes plus how often do you go out running?

My wife and I over the years at times looked after a friend’s Italians at our home. Here is a photo of my wife with the Italians, and that’s our Cavalier Chyna waking up and wondering what all the flashing plus the flash charging up noise was all about. Below that is what one of the Italians obtained and so did our Chyna as that is her Endurance Title certificate. Also some Italian breeders do health test their breeding dogs for some things before deciding to breed them, and so do some who breed crossbreeds also similarly health test.

Edited, sorry images removed as my wife complained, and the certificate contained our home address and there might be some looneys out there on the internet.

I run every other day 1-3 miles. I used to run 10 a day but I'm moving away from that. He would get plenty of exersize. Adam, Hank, and I go for long walks a lot too in the evenings. Adam works from home so he would hardly ever be alone. I'm looking for an active dog.

Its ok you removed the image. Next time.

5980_259279635028_510355028_8512558_4543934_n.jpg

Back