• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

roses in my garden

renate

this is the month for roses!
in my garden i have a fairly big collection of historical roses, and a few rare modern ones. all the historical ones have exquist perfumes, and are ver ybeautiful.
i love this time of the year!

here bella in front of 'Tour de Malakoff', my absolute favourite rose

2qxp9bk.jpg

frida rests in the shade of 'Princesse Lamballe'

oi4xua.jpg

kandis and bella have found a cool spot under 'Mme. Plantier'

2s80g0m.jpg

sienna relaxes by 'Belle de Belgique'

ig96c3.jpg

I love roses! This year I bought Rhapsody Blue which is a strong smelling purple rose and a Tiffany Rose which has dark leaves and a pink flower. I also have an antique looking rose with lots of tight petals, it only ever produces two flowers, mind you I keep it in a pot and it may do better in the ground.

When my Dad moved into the house he lives in now, the 200ft long garden had 72 rose plants. He hates roses as they look ugly in the winter and he dug them all out :eek: He also dug out two rose plants in homes I rented from him. I'd love to plant them again, maybe you could help me? One was a perfect cream rose, maybe a miniature, stunning. The other was a dark plum colour, very heavily scented "double", one bloom would perfume a whole room.

Your pictures are beautiful. :-D
3661068548_b63d00a7ef_b.jpg

3660261573_1560561aa4_b.jpg

Last edited:
pauline, your roses are absolutely beautiful!!
do you know the name of the yellow one?

i'd like to help identifying the roses your dad dug up, but i don't think i can from a description. do you by any chance have pictures?

pauline, your roses are absolutely beautiful!!
do you know the name of the yellow one?

i'd like to help identifying the roses your dad dug up, but i don't think i can from a description. do you by any chance have pictures?

Thank you. I don't know the name of the yellow one, my Dad bought it for my daughter when she was in hospital a few years ago. I don't have pictures of the old roses. I'll try googling my description. Let you know if I find anything.

I took some more pictures for you this evening, thought you might like to see. This is what I call my "antique rose" only because I've seen this many times in old paintings. It's quite small but the flowers are so heavy I have to tie each one to a stake.
3676191614_7f26573a49_b.jpg

Rhapsody Blue, I'm wondering if I got a bad one, it's not meant to have any white.
3676189494_25cacebaea_b.jpg

oh, how beautiful!! thank you, pauline.

your rhapsody is as is should be. the all have these thin streaks of white in them, some years they are more pronounced than others.
mine looked the same the first two years. this year there is hardly any white.

Back