• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Tuft of brown hair on the forhead

If you mean the tuft of brown between her eyes, it looks to be just a mismark in colouration - unfortunately they don't always come out with the markings we expect or desire! As long as you are not planning to show her, it shouldn't be a problem.

I haven't seen a mark in that particular area before so can't tell you what to expect, but It may be covered by some of the white hair as she grows up.

have her parents been health tested? At the very least, MRI'd for CM/SM, cardiologist tested for hearts, ophthalmologist tested for eyes, DNA tested for EFS and DE/CC etc? The breeder should be able to show you certificates for both parents. If so, then a mismark would not concern me.

have her parents been health tested? At the very least, MRI'd for CM/SM, cardiologist tested for hearts, ophthalmologist tested for eyes, DNA tested for EFS and DE/CC etc? The breeder should be able to show you certificates for both parents. If so, then a mismark would not concern me.

Yes, it is one of the best breeders in Brazil, they test all their dogs.

I'm thinking about trimming this tuft, would that be mean?

Between puppy coat and mature adult coat a lot can happen, and the coloured tuft may well grow out or get covered over by white hair. So trimming it may not be necessary - and if you start doing it it will encourage it to grow and you may find you have a lifetime's job on your hands! I would leave it for the time being and see what happens.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Looks fine to me - I think by the time you taker her home the tuft will have disappeared. (y)

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I remember. I didn't know which puppy was gonna be maggie untill the day I picked her up.
But I went over every detail of every puppy's markings for hours looking at them. Haha

When you bring that adorable ball of fluff home. It won't matter if the brown is there or isn't. You'll forget all about it.

I do however like miss markings because it adds character and I'd anything was to happen you can say yes she had a small brown patch on her nose' or whatever. (Though microchips and tattoos and tags work better lol)

She is adorable. And you're gonna have so much fun.

The brown hair above her nose looks like saliva staining from the momma dog licking the puppy. It will fade away. your pup looks super cute!

Back