• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Alfe goes on his first away from home trip to Jacob's house

Blueroses

Well Alfie and I packed our bags and we drove ( well I did ) to Yorkshire for the weekend. If you remember, Jacob the Dobi came to stay at our home the previous weekend. The first day was bedlam lol. The 2 dogs constantly play fought with associated alarming yelps and worrying noises, but no blood ! Alfie is the worst if Im honest. He seems oblivious to the size and weight of the younger, but much bigger and stronger pup. He kept going back time and time again for rough and tumble, but it was the only way to socialize them. Alfie made such a lot of noise you would think he was really being hurt, but in fact he was biting the Dobi's ears when no one was looking. Well we were really but he thought we weren't. Because of the size difference, Alfie's best line of playful attack is to lie on his back and kick like mad with his feet, then take a crafty nip of the Dobi's ankles ! I have some video You Tube clips of them together but I dont know if Im allowed to post them in this thread? Meantime here are a few pics....

It started calmy enough ( that is a chicken run you can see behind them not an outdoor kennel ! )
AJround2b.jpg

Then they just couldn't help themselves
AJround2g.jpg

Alfie getting stuck in !
AJround2e.jpg

Thirsty work. They licked each other's wet ears awwww
AJround2.jpg

Last edited:
Glad everyone separated without blood shed! I'm sure Alfie is learning lots of lessons. I think they will be great friends for life.
Becky

Back