• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Flea/Tick products warning

I'm so fed up with all these flea and tick meds that don't work...for me, anyway!

I'm now using Borax laundry booster all over the house, and have been doing some reading on food grade diatomaceous earth.

Anyone use it with good results????

I'm now using Borax laundry booster all over the house, and have been doing some reading on food grade diatomaceous earth.

I have only ever heard of it being used to get rid of cockroaches (and that kind of thing :yuk: ), in water filtering and industry- have never heard it use for fleas. Would be very interested in how you get on with it, please update (if you decide to use it) (y)

I'm so fed up with all these flea and tick meds that don't work...for me, anyway!

I have a bag of diatomaceous earth - we use it in the vegetable garden to keep crawling bugs away from our plants. There is a big hazardous warning on the bag - evidently it can scratch eyes (humans and animals) very badly. I don't think I'd want it in my house.

I originally bought it to sprinkle outside around the foundation of my house for earwigs (bugs), but I saw the warnings and decided not to use it anywhere my dogs go.

I dont use flea products at all, I give my two (dorwest herbs) garlic & fenugreek tablets & I can honestly say Ive not seen any fleas (or evidence of fleas) since I brought my dogs here in 2005! :jmp:

Oh I also bath them in (dorwest herbs) pennyroyal shampoo.

The only time in the last 4 years I have used a flea product was when they went to a sitter last year & that was only because she had cats & other dogs staying the week before my two!

I am so glad that you posted this. I just purchased a flea/tink shampoo recently and washed my cat with it. He vomited for a couple of days and I was about to take him to the vet. He does the same thing with his dry food when he overeats and that is what I thought it might be. Although I've never seen him throw up so much before. Now that I think about it, it must of been the shampoo.

I checked the ingredients and it has that ingredient in it. Going straight to the bin right now.

Back