• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Need your prayers...Gracie update

Still going well...

No pain episodes and more of her personality showing, even though still sleeping alot. She did a massive poop today...was still on soft side and a bit orange in color. Given all the meds she is on, being back at vets for 2 days and having been through such pain a few days ago... I am not surprised. Am wondering a bit about the orange color though... Any ideas?? Not gonna worry about this unless it gets worse or continues after we remove the omeprazole again. She is eating well and is more thirsty, as expected for prednisone. We start scaling that back tomorrow. I sure am thankful for the fentanyl!

Gracie is such a brave little girl :l*v: I am so happy that she is doing better :) After reading this thread, I can only imagine what you've been going through :(
Sending lots of hugs your way and kisses from Amelie :hug:

Thanks Rod...

That stuff must still be in her system a bit... I sure do not want to give her more drugs unless I have to...

So pleased to hear that Gracie is doing a bit better - I strongly suspect the colour in the faeces is due to the medication, but it is worth checking with the hospital.

I was thinking anesthesia, and they say in humans can leave lingering affects for a while. Has she been on Pred before? Don't know if that would create any issues. But, as someone else said, might be worth calling the clinic just to ease your mind.

Amazing how on dog forums, good poops bring everyone such happiness, and bad ones are such a concern.:lpy:

So glad that Gracie is on the mend!

We do talk a LOT about poop here don't we?

This is soooooo true....one of the few ways dogs tell us things are okay! Gracie had been on a bit of prednisone when they gave her an allergy med that had a bit of it, but not much. Main effect then was she had huge appetite...for a change.

Amazing how on dog forums, good poops bring everyone such happiness, and bad ones are such a concern.:lpy:

So glad that Gracie is on the mend!

Yep... Now we have gone to slight constipation...

So adding the fish oil and more probiotics again like I used to... Geez, the poop stuff is sure time consuming!! :rotfl:

Good poops= healthy dog, easy pick up and no rear end sink bath, which makes for a very happy Mom:p:p

Glad to hear Gracie is doing well.

Perfect poop today!!!

Woooo hoooo!! Had to walk her around a bit outside... very slowly... but about 7 minutes of just slow walking around. We now have PERFECT poop!

Yes, I much prefer the drier variety, especially from sneaky little bitches who don't like the feel of wet grass on their precious paws in the morning.

I can't believe where this thread went, now to poop.

So glad gracie is doing much better!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Back