• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Miss Julie and Zoey

One week ago I adopted Zoey from a rescue group. Zoey is our first CKCS. I am joining the forum so maybe I can find answers when I have questions without having to Google research. And get recommendations from objective owners about food, vitamins, etc.
Zoey is around 11 to 12 weeks old. Julie

Congrats! I am so excited for you, I own (or am owned by) B.B. and she is about 13 weeks old - it will be fun to swap stories! I live in Charlotte, NC now but went to school in Columbia, MO and am from Omaha, NE - nice to see another Midwest person!

Noelle

Congrats on your new arrival!
Do you know why she was in the rescue so young? I am happy that you two found each other!

icon_welcome Julie & Zoey

You wont have to google anything as everybody on here is very helpful and knowledgeable.

Enjoy your puppy but please get the best health insurance you can afford asap especially your pup being from rescue so you probably won't know much about the parents.

Thank you for the welcomes! I had a delay here in getting back to the board. I have put up a Zoey Album in my profile. Zoey is doing good and weighs 5.3 pounds now.
Zoey and her brother were put up as rescue from a breeder because of the "soft Knees". I don't know what kind of breeder she came from. My vet has checked her out and her knees are doing really good. In fact, he has seen them improve so much from her "carpet time" that he sees no long term effects.
One concern I have is that they spayed her immediately when she was brought in. The rescue group said they cannot let the dogs be adopted out until they are spayed. I am wondering what the longterm effect on Zoey will be due to her "pediactric spaying"?
He hair right now is fluffy on her back and doesn't match the pretty flowing around her face and ears. I guess the hair on her back changes as she gets older?

Anyways - we are in love and happy to have each other. THanks again for the warm welcome!

Thank you for your welcome!
Congrats! I am so excited for you, I own (or am owned by) B.B. and she is about 13 weeks old - it will be fun to swap stories! I live in Charlotte, NC now but went to school in Columbia, MO and am from Omaha, NE - nice to see another Midwest person!

Noelle

I don't know anything about "Health Insurance"? Thank you for the Welcome you sent.
icon_welcome Julie & Zoey

You wont have to google anything as everybody on here is very helpful and knowledgeable.

Enjoy your puppy but please get the best health insurance you can afford asap especially your pup being from rescue so you probably won't know much about the parents.

Hi,
I have gotten two CKCSs through rescue. Windsor was 4 months old when he arrived and Cambridge, although the breeder claimed he was 3 months old, probably was much closer to two months. Both were neutered before I could claim them. The early neutering hasn't seemed to have any bad effects on Windsor ( he will be 2 in March) and Cambridge,( probably 7.5 months), although having a rough start, seems to be developing well and is growing more hair daily. Windsor has an underbite,which is probably why he was given up. Cambridge was not a well puppy when he was resued, so I fear he was in a not too good place and may not have survived if he had not been taken when he was. Enjoy your new pup.

I appreciate your "Welcomes" As you can see I don't sign in very much. BUt, I have found answers to questions I have had. This is definitely a good thing. Blessings to all!

Hi,
I just got my third Cavalier from rescue. They are all sweet dogs. All were neutered early but the two oldest have developed nice coats.
The oldest (2 in March) didn't seem to get all of his hair until this summer. The middle one ( 1yr in May) had a rough start, but is doing well now. I think he is still growing hair, but has a nice coat. The baby is just 17 weeks so I'll have to wait and see how he does. I did get insurance for all, but hoping I don't have to use it much. Congratulations on your new baby.

Just looked at all your photos--she is adorable! And looks mischievous!

I also suggest getting insurance and very soon. Because her knees are already diagnosed, they won't be covered, but any other serious health issues would be, with the right plan. You need to find out which companies serve your area. I bought PetPlan.

Hi

And welcome from us and thanks for the good news story ,you seem a kind and caring person to look after these two babies our bst wishes to you .
As many have said pls look into the best pet insurance for" life time conditions " you can get as unfortunately our babies can be very expensive if
they are not well .

Rgds

Brian

Back