• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Meetings coming up

Kate H

Just a reminder that a couple of useful meetings are coming up.

On 7 October, there is a Kennel Club/Brisitsh Veterinary Association Seminar at Markfield in Leicestershire, to introduce the new MRI scanning scheme for SM. The panel includes Claire Rusbridge, who will talk about the latest research into SM and recent genetic research.

On 20 November there is a Health Day organised by the Cavalier Club and the Royal Veterinary College. This is at the RVC in North Mymms, near Hatfield in Hertfordshire. Lasts from 9.30 to 5, and speakers include Bendan Corcoran and Simon Swift on MVD, Tom Lewis and Sarah Blott on the EBV project, Natasha Olby from the US, Holger Volk from RVC on pain control, Imelda McGonnell on the Foetal Tissue project, and a round table discussion on SM.

More information on the Cavalier Club website: www.thecavalierclub.co.uk

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Thanks Kate,

Both days look interesting, so I will probably be going.

I live near to the RVC, so I can give you a lift from Hatfield Station if you are going?

I'm also thinking of going to RVC one. Does anyone know if you have to pre-book as couldn't find any details on the Cavalier site.

I'm also thinking of going to RVC one. Does anyone know if you have to pre-book as couldn't find any details on the Cavalier site.

There does not seem to be any details about booking yet, but there is a provisional programme shown if you go to 'special events' on the Cavalier Club website.

Dr Brendan Corcoran from Edinburgh, who is talking about heart research, is one of the researchers who receives cell tissue from the SM Cavalier Collection Scheme.

Booking has opened for the seminar on 7 October in Leicestershire, on the BVA/KC scheme for MRI scanning. You can find details on the Cavalier Club website.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Happy SGM Anniversary Blog

The Meeting about the important new BVA/KC MRI Scheme is on Thursday.

A new forum member introduced herself a few days ago.

Today, October 5th, is a significant anniversary for me for three different reasons.

I've put it all into my latest blog.

Margaret...Happy anniversary:luv:

And a happy birthday to Monty, hope he's running around happily at the bridge knowing it's his special day:hug:

Mel X

Happy Anniversary to you and Roger, Margaret. Hope you're going out for a nice meal this evening - maybe to that yummy Chinese restaurant :)

Happy Birthday to Monty too - I imagine they are having a big party, with jelly and ice cream and balloons ;)

The meeting on Thursday sounds very interesting, I hope lots of people are able to attend. I will be especially interested to hear the latest on the gene research.

Just reading this today. Can't belive I missed it I only live 15 minutes from Markfield.

Sabby it's tomorrow, so you're ok...if you telephone tonight you might still be able to get a ticket.

BVA/KC MRI Chiari-like Malformation Syringomyelia CMSM Scheme & Update on Syringomyelia Research
at
Fieldhead Hotel
Markfield Lane
Markfield
Leicestershire
LE67 9PS
on
Thursday 7th October 2010
Chair: Dr Jeff Sampson

10:00 Registration and coffee

10:30 BVA / KC Chiari-like Malformation Syringomyelia (CMSM) Scheme
Prof Mike Herrtage (Cambridge); Ruth Dennis(AHT); Sandra Webber(BVA)

12:00 Questions

12:30 Lunch

13:30 Kennel Club Health Schemes
Dr Jeff Sampson (KC)

14:15 Update on Syringomyelia Research
Dr Clare Rusbridge

15:00 Questions
Tickets £20 (includes lunch and refreshments) — cheques should be made payable to "The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club"

The Health Representative from each CKCS Club is offered a FREE ticket.

The Number of tickets limited.

Further details contact:
Maggie Ford – Tel: 01264 860376 – email: Maggie Ford
Little Trees, Station Road, Chilbolton, Stockbridge, Hants SO20 6AL

Or:
Sylvia Lymer – Tel: 01530 831929 – email Sylvia Lymer

Sabby it's tomorrow, so you're ok...if you telephone tonight you might still be able to get a ticket.

BVA/KC MRI Chiari-like Malformation Syringomyelia CMSM Scheme & Update on Syringomyelia Research
at
Fieldhead Hotel
Markfield Lane
Markfield
Leicestershire
LE67 9PS
on
Thursday 7th October 2010
Chair: Dr Jeff Sampson

10:00 Registration and coffee

10:30 BVA / KC Chiari-like Malformation Syringomyelia (CMSM) Scheme
Prof Mike Herrtage (Cambridge); Ruth Dennis(AHT); Sandra Webber(BVA)

12:00 Questions

12:30 Lunch

13:30 Kennel Club Health Schemes
Dr Jeff Sampson (KC)

14:15 Update on Syringomyelia Research
Dr Clare Rusbridge

15:00 Questions
Tickets £20 (includes lunch and refreshments) — cheques should be made payable to "The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club"

The Health Representative from each CKCS Club is offered a FREE ticket.

The Number of tickets limited.

Further details contact:
Maggie Ford – Tel: 01264 860376 – email: Maggie Ford
Little Trees, Station Road, Chilbolton, Stockbridge, Hants SO20 6AL

Or:
Sylvia Lymer – Tel: 01530 831929 – email Sylvia Lymer

MEETINGS COMING UP.

Hopefully we will hear on the List about how the Research is Progressing., and what the Kennel Club Health Schemes are to be for our Cavaliers.

I noticed that Margaret had mentioned about some Cavalier Breeders hoping to derail this Meeting, I do so hope this won't happen.

What is the problem with those Cavalier Breeders, are they scared that they could be loseing Income from their Cavalier Puppy Sales.

It sure makes you wonder !!!!

Bet

Back