• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Seasonal allergies???

MomObvious

Are dogs affected by seasonal allergies? In my area we are pledged but several weeks of tree pollen covering EVERYTHING will a layer of yellow dust. I mean EVERYTHING......... You can actually see the dust swirl in the air some times its awful and there is little you can do to escape it. If we are lucky we will have a few heavy rains during this time to keep in at bay, but within a day its dustville again. It does not bother me at all tho I do what I can to avoid it. We use the A/C don't open our windows, I shower every night and wash my sheets and our clothes everyday. Mr. Monster suffers the worse in my house, his little eyes are swollen a bit, he's sneezing a lot and he is itchy. I noticed Fletcher's eyes are a runnier than normal too. He is not rubbing at them tho and its not like I'm having to wiping them nonstop just like three times a day where before he would occasionally wake up in the morning needing his eyes wiped.

This pollen attack just really started this week so I'm wondering if I should wait it out or go ahead and call the vet.

It definitely can be. But it may not necessarily be allergies, it could just be the pollen getting in his eyes.

For Mr. Monster have you thought about putting one of those electrostatic air purifiers in his bedroom? They can be quite helpful in reducing airborne particles.

I am a little south of you in the Atlanta area and we are also getting covered in yellow "snow". Remy's eyes are also a l bit runnier than normal and I am chalking it up to the pollen. The other morning I hosed off my son's car and by 2:00 in the afternoon it was yellow again (it's normally a light slate grey). Hoping this will all be over in about a week. Rain is predicted for later today though.

For Mr. Monster have you thought about putting one of those electrostatic air purifiers in his bedroom? They can be quite helpful in reducing airborne particles.

We have one he is also on an Rx medicine, the pollen also seems to make him have eczema flare up as well. He has not had a bad flair up since last spring!!!!!! It doesn't slow him down too much tho.... nothing really does:*gh:

We just have to wait it out. I'm thinking of giving Fletcher a bath this afternoon, maybe he could use a good rinsing I'm sure he's covered in the yellow dust too. And Mr. Monster is always cuddling him. Last summer I needed to bathe him once a week since he was swimming so much and it never bothered his skin. I hope that continues I would hate to make him uncomfortable.

Back