• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The cavalier show scene

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

This subject is now being discussed on the DOG WORLD Forum, where mention was made that Cavalier Exhibitors spend a Fortune on Cool Mats ,Cool Coats, Fans ,Heat Deflecting Cage Covers for their Cavaliers that they take to the Shows,.

So they must be concerned that the Hot Wearher could be having Risks for their Cavaliers.

If that is the case why do they take their Cavaliers to Shows in Hot Weather,

Why not just leave them at Home. !!!

Bet.

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

I have been involved with the Discussion on DOG WORLD Forum about the Heat and Cavaliers.

Have just been informed by a Cavalier Exhibitor .

That there are Numerous Breeds of Dogs that a FAR more Susceptible to Extreme Heat than Cavaliers .

So now we know we who Truly Love Cavaliers are, that when there are some Cavalier Exhibitors who believe this, the Cavalier Breed ,our Cavaliers really have a Big Problem about their MVD Problem.

I have been told to stop Harrassing and mentioning about the Cavaliers' Health Problems,and Move on.

My Answer to this

NO CHANCE!!!!

Bet

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

I have been involved with the Discussion on DOG WORLD Forum about the Heat and Cavaliers.

Have just been informed by a Cavalier Exhibitor .

That there are Numerous Breeds of Dogs that a FAR more Susceptible to Extreme Heat than Cavaliers .

So now we know we who Truly Love Cavaliers are, that when there are some Cavalier Exhibitors who believe this, the Cavalier Breed ,our Cavaliers really have a Big Problem about their MVD Problem.

I have been told to stop Harrassing and mentioning about the Cavaliers' Health Problems,and Move on.

My Answer to this

NO CHANCE!!!!

Bet

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

However much some Cavalier Show Goers wish to sweep the Dangers of Hot Weather to Cavaliers under the carpet, and has been said ,to stop being Harrassed about this subject,here is what happens to them in Hot Weather.
When a Cavalier is Panting , is a Hot Dog,this has been said about Cavaliers at last week's Eof E Show, what is happening ,the Cavalier is Hot, the Brain is sending signals to different parts of the Body.

Their Heart and Lungs will have to work Harder

Because our Cavaliers are known as BRACHYCEPHALIC Dogs ,

THESE DOGS NEED SPECIAL CARE IN HOT WEATHER because they can over-heat quickly ,and this can be Fatal

Those Dogs have Short Noses so the Air being Breathed does'nt cool so well before it reaches the Lungs .

They have to Pant more ,less air is Passing in due to Shorter Muzzle Length and out ,and these Types of Dogs can quickly become Over-Heated and in Trouble.

Also those when those Types of Dogs are too Hot and Panting ,A Foamy Phlegm can be Produced in the Throat making it harder to Breath , Air-Ways can become Inflamed and Swollen leading to Further Difficulties Breathing and Distress.

Owners of a BRACHYCEPHALIC Dog ,which is a Cavalier ,will need to be EXTRA CAREFUL in HOT and HUMID WEATHER.

All Cavaliers will be in Cars when travelling to Shows, in Hot Weather , the Question has to be being asked ,do you really have to take your Cavalier to a Show on a Hot or Humid day.

OK, some Cars will have Air Conditioning ,but what happens if you are stuck in a Traffic Jam , or your Car Breaks down, how do you keep your Cavalier cool then.

Most important is to keep your Cavalier from Over-Heating in Hot Weather ,and in the Shade , this is not possible when Cavaliers are being Shown in the Full Sunlight in Hot Weather.

Cavaliers are far better suited suited to being Indoors when it's Hot ,in a Ventilated,Cool Room.

I have taken this information from the Internet, so have not made it up to suit my Argument about Cavaliers being affected and what can happen to them in Hot Weather.

Bet

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

However much some Cavalier Show Goers wish to sweep the Dangers of Hot Weather to Cavaliers under the carpet, and has been said ,to stop being Harrassed about this subject,here is what happens to them in Hot Weather.
When a Cavalier is Panting , is a Hot Dog,this has been said about Cavaliers at last week's Eof E Show, what is happening ,the Cavalier is Hot, the Brain is sending signals to different parts of the Body.

Their Heart and Lungs will have to work Harder

Because our Cavaliers are known as BRACHYCEPHALIC Dogs ,

THESE DOGS NEED SPECIAL CARE IN HOT WEATHER because they can over-heat quickly ,and this can be Fatal

Those Dogs have Short Noses so the Air being Breathed does'nt cool so well before it reaches the Lungs .

They have to Pant more ,less air is Passing in due to Shorter Muzzle Length and out ,and these Types of Dogs can quickly become Over-Heated and in Trouble.

Also those when those Types of Dogs are too Hot and Panting ,A Foamy Phlegm can be Produced in the Throat making it harder to Breath , Air-Ways can become Inflamed and Swollen leading to Further Difficulties Breathing and Distress.

Owners of a BRACHYCEPHALIC Dog ,which is a Cavalier ,will need to be EXTRA CAREFUL in HOT and HUMID WEATHER.

All Cavaliers will be in Cars when travelling to Shows, in Hot Weather , the Question has to be being asked ,do you really have to take your Cavalier to a Show on a Hot or Humid day.

OK, some Cars will have Air Conditioning ,but what happens if you are stuck in a Traffic Jam , or your Car Breaks down, how do you keep your Cavalier cool then.

Most important is to keep your Cavalier from Over-Heating in Hot Weather ,and in the Shade , this is not possible when Cavaliers are being Shown in the Full Sunlight in Hot Weather.

Cavaliers are far better suited suited to being Indoors when it's Hot ,in a Ventilated,Cool Room.

I have taken this information from the Internet, so have not made it up to suit my Argument about Cavaliers being affected and what can happen to them in Hot Weather.

Bet

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE.

Could I conclude by saying ,that because Cavaliers are a BRACHYCEPHALIC Breed and explained how the Hot Weather causes them Problems in Hot Weather,the Cavaliers also have to contend with being the only Toy Breed to be being affected with a Type of MVD at an early age ,and 50% of Cavaliers will have a Heart Murmur at 5 years of Age.

Do these 3 Facts put them more at Risk from Hot Weather.

Sorry to those Cavalier Owners who have Cavaliers Suffering from SM, I have concentrated on Cavaliers and how the Hot Weather could be damaging their Hearts, but Cavaliers with SM ,as Tania has explained in her Post are equally at Risk from Hot Weather.

I don't know ,maybe some-body would have thoughts about this, because of the Hot Weather and Cavaliers are a BRACHYCEPHALIC BREED and this causes them to Pant more ,will this be putting more Strain on them because they are suffering from SM.

Bet

There are some people who just don't think. In charlotte nc it was above 100 degrees extreme tempatures and I got emails about a cavalier meet up at the park. The park has no water for them to cool down. I agree to nip things in the bud ans I pointed out the danger especially for our short nosed breed, and the meet up was moved inside. I did send a reminder to everyone before about the danger of heat and links before they decided to have a group meet-up at 2pm (the hottest time) in the blazing heat. I guess there will always be people who no matter what you say, don't get it.

I never thought about traveling in the heat and what would happen if the car broke down. Huh

The Cavalier Show Scene

There are some people who just don't think. In charlotte nc it was above 100 degrees extreme tempatures and I got emails about a cavalier meet up at the park. The park has no water for them to cool down. I agree to nip things in the bud ans I pointed out the danger especially for our short nosed breed, and the meet up was moved inside. I did send a reminder to everyone before about the danger of heat and links before they decided to have a group meet-up at 2pm (the hottest time) in the blazing heat. I guess there will always be people who no matter what you say, don't get it.

I never thought about traveling in the heat and what would happen if the car broke down. Huh

The Cavalier Show Scene.

May I be allowed to thank the Folk who Administer this Web Site for allowing me to warn Cavalier owners about the Dangers to their Cavaliers in Hot Weather because they are a Brachycephalic Breed

I have mentioned how I have been Sticking up for our Beloved Cavaliers at the moment in the Discussion on the Dog World Forum ,and warning about the Dangers to the Cavaliers in Hot Weather at Shows, all my Posts have been now Removed.

This can only happen when some-body Objects to what I have been Posting.

What a Sad Cavalier World this now is, when I am Accused of Wanting to Destroy the Cavalier Breed when I mention the Health Problems of SM and MVD Problems Afflicting Cavaliers.

It was said on the Dog World Forum by one who has put this Post, ( I guess she does not know much about the Cavalier Breed),that Cavaliers are Strong, Robust, Energenic Little Dogs ,that can Run for Miles and Live to a Decent Age.

Well this Post could have Fooled me ,and I am sure to other Owners of Cavaliers Suffering from SM and have died at a young age from MVD.

I have been told to Stop Knocking the Cavalier Breed ,I can only guess that this message has come from one or more Cavalier Breeders ,no Heart Broken Pet Cavalier who has lost their Beloved Cavalier to either SM or MVD would have issued such a Remark to me.

If this has come from a few Cavalier Breeders ,what are they Scared about, could it maybe be that the Public are now being made aware about the Two Serious Health Problems in our Cavalier Breed SM and MVD, and some Cavalier Breeders are losing Incomes in not being able to sell their Cavalier Puppies.

I just don't know.

Bet.

That Cavaliers

The Cavalier Show Scene.

The Cavalier Show Scene.

May I be allowed to thank the Folk who Administer this Web Site for allowing me to warn Cavalier owners about the Dangers to their Cavaliers in Hot Weather because they are a Brachycephalic Breed

I have mentioned how I have been Sticking up for our Beloved Cavaliers at the moment in the Discussion on the Dog World Forum ,and warning about the Dangers to the Cavaliers in Hot Weather at Shows, all my Posts have been now Removed.

What a Sad Cavalier World this now is, when I am Accused of Wanting to Destroy the Cavalier Breed when I mention the Health Problems of SM and MVD Problems Afflicting Cavaliers.

It was said on the Dog World Forum by one who has put this Post, ( I guess she does not know much about the Cavalier Breed),that Cavaliers are Strong, Robust, Energenic Little Dogs ,that can Run for Miles and Live to a Decent Age.

Well this Post could have Fooled me ,and I am sure to other Owners of Cavaliers Suffering from SM and have died at a young age from MVD.

I have been told to Stop Knocking the Cavalier Breed ,I can only guess that this message has come from one or more Cavalier Breeders ,no Heart Broken Pet Cavalier who has lost their Beloved Cavalier to either SM or MVD would have issued such a Remark to me.

If this has come from a few Cavalier Breeders ,what are they Scared about, could it maybe be that the Public are now being made aware about the Two Serious Health Problems in our Cavalier Breed SM and MVD, and some Cavalier Breeders are losing Incomes in not being able to sell their Cavalier Puppies.

I just don't know.

Bet.

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE.

There is maybe going to be a News-Paper going to be getting Details about what happens at Dog Shows to Dogs in Hot Weather ,about being left in Cars and in Cages in Hot Conditions.

If I notice any-thing in the Press about this, I will Post on it.

Bet

The Cavalier Show Scene.

I just don't know.

Bet.

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE.

There is maybe going to be a News-Paper going to be getting Details about what happens at Dog Shows to Dogs in Hot Weather ,about being left in Cars and in Cages in Hot Conditions.

If I notice any-thing in the Press about this, I will Post on it.

Bet

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

Sorry about this Folks, should have included it in my Previous Post, there seems to be some Denial about Cavaliers being a Brachycephalic Breed.

Maybe Moderately so, but the Warning still applies ,they are a BRACHYCEPHALIC BREED.

This is also Confirmed by Martin Deutschland ,a Neurologist, who has recently had a Paper Published about the Chiari Malformation in the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel ,a Brachycephalic Breed of Dog.

There is Scientific Literature which contains many References to our Cavaliers being Brachcephalic .

This is easily found in Veterinary Papers on the Internet.

Bet

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

Sorry about this Folks, should have included it in my Previous Post, there seems to be some Denial about Cavaliers being a Brachycephalic Breed.

Maybe Moderately so, but the Warning still applies ,they are a BRACHYCEPHALIC BREED.

This is also Confirmed by Martin Deutschland ,a Neurologist, who has recently had a Paper Published about the Chiari Malformation in the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel ,a Brachycephalic Breed of Dog.

There is Scientific Literature which contains many References to our Cavaliers being Brachcephalic .

This is easily found in Veterinary Papers on the Internet.

Bet

Hi Bet,

Found this: http://www.cavalierhealth.org/brachycephalic.htm

kind regards

The Cavalier SHOW SCENE

Thanks Tania for this.

I just cannot understand why some Cavalier Owners are so annoyed when I dare Mention the Health of our Cavalier Breed,

All Hell is Let Loose.

What are they trying to cover up when they don't want this Subject to be being Discussed.

But for their Information I will NEVER stop being involved with our Beloved Cavaliers and their Health Problems.

For the benefit of those who are trying to make out that I am Lying about the Cavaliers being a BRACHYCEPHALIC Breed ,this also is referred to as Brachycephalic Airway Obstruction Disease (BAOS)

The Cavalier Breed is Pre-Disposed to this Condition

The mention of this on the Internet is because of the Cavaliers Comparatively Short Length of their
Head and a Compressed Upper Jaw.

This means that Dogs with Short Muzzles ,Noses and Mouths ,who are described as Brachycephalic ,their Throats and Breathing Passages are Undersized or Flattened .

The Head's Soft Tissue are not Proportionate to the Shortened Nature of the Skull,and the Excess Tissues Tend to Increase the Flow of Air through the Upper Airway ,( Nostrils ,Sinuses, Pharynx and Larynx)

This defect is seen in a Few other Breeds ,however Various Degrees of BAOS PREDOMINATE in our Cavaliers.

There is some Argument as to whether the Cavalier Breed is Brachycephalic amongst Researchers or a Mesaticephalic Breed

What really is important for the Cavaliers ,regardless about this ,the Cavaliers are Predisposed to Brachycephalic Breathing Difficulties in Hot Weather.

Finally ,there has been much comment about Cavaliers being stuck in Cages at the East of England Championship Show,and this is being denied by some of the Show Goers.

So the Question is,

Were there Cavaliers in Cages at the East of England Show or not.??

Bet

I've followed this saga from start to finish.
The substantive issue is not whether or not cavaliers were stuck in cages or kept in cages at that (or any other show).The substantive issue was whether or not any cavaliers were cooked in their cages,or medically compromised in any way.
There are no reports of any animal requiring veterinary assistance and the person who initiated the debate on another forum even stated that no dogs were in distress.
mention was made that Cavalier Exhibitors spend a Fortune on Cool Mats ,Cool Coats, Fans ,Heat Deflecting Cage Covers for their Cavaliers that they take to the Shows,.
So they must be concerned that the Hot Weather could be having Risks for their Cavaliers.
Yes Bet,obviously people were well aware of the risks to dogs in hot weather and have taken the necessary steps to look after their dog's comfort.
I can appreciate the fact that some people have reservations as to whether it's right or not to show dogs at all,but there's a world of difference between abandoning a dog in a hot car and taking your dog to a show in an air conditioned car and keeping it in under direct supervision a crate with a cool mat or heat reflective crate cover.
Also there is no ethical issue in having a dog in a crate,either at a show or at home as long as it used appropriately to keep a dog safe,comfortable and secure.
Sins

I've followed this saga from start to finish.
The substantive issue is not whether or not cavaliers were stuck in cages or kept in cages at that (or any other show).The substantive issue was whether or not any cavaliers were cooked in their cages,or medically compromised in any way.
There are no reports of any animal requiring veterinary assistance and the person who initiated the debate on another forum even stated that no dogs were in distress.

Yes Bet,obviously people were well aware of the risks to dogs in hot weather and have taken the necessary steps to look after their dog's comfort.
I can appreciate the fact that some people have reservations as to whether it's right or not to show dogs at all,but there's a world of difference between abandoning a dog in a hot car and taking your dog to a show in an air conditioned car and keeping it in under direct supervision a crate with a cool mat or heat reflective crate cover.
Also there is no ethical issue in having a dog in a crate,either at a show or at home as long as it used appropriately to keep a dog safe,comfortable and secure.
Sins

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

The Only way to know if a Cavalier or a Dog was Over Heating at the East of England Championship Show, is to have taken their Temperature , so for the Cavaliers who were Reported to have been shut in Cages at that Show, how can it be said that they were not Over Heating if their Temperature had not been taken.

Was this done. If not ,it can't be said that those Cavaliers were not Over Heating.

Also it has just been said on another Cavalier Forum by a Researcher into the Cavalier SM Problem, and has allowed her Statement to be Quoted

That she is Happy to say that we consider Cavaliers are Bracycephalic .

They have the Classic Problems of a Brachycephalic ,although not as extreme as a Pug

If Published Papers are looked at ,they all talk about the Cavaliers as being Brachycephalic.

So ,when there is Hot Weather ,remember and take Particular of Cavaliers , since they are at risk because they are considered to be a Brachycephalic by the Experts.

Bet

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

The Only way to know if a Cavalier or a Dog was Over Heating at the East of England Championship Show, is to have taken their Temperature , so for the Cavaliers who were Reported to have been shut in Cages at that Show, how can it be said that they were not Over Heating if their Temperature had not been taken.

Was this done. If not ,it can't be said that those Cavaliers were not Over Heating.

Also it has just been said on another Cavalier Forum by a Researcher into the Cavalier SM Problem, and has allowed her Statement to be Quoted

That she is Happy to say that we consider Cavaliers are Bracycephalic .

They have the Classic Problems of a Brachycephalic ,although not as extreme as a Pug

If Published Papers are looked at ,they all talk about the Cavaliers as being Brachycephalic.

So ,when there is Hot Weather ,remember and take Particular of Cavaliers , since they are at risk because they are considered to be a Brachycephalic by the Experts.

Bet

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

SINS ,

Just read your Post and have to make this Comment,if you go to Show with a Cavalier and have to have the Cavalier
in a Cage with Cool Mat or a Heat Reflector Crate Cover, then the Cavalier Owner must be having concerns about the Hot Weather , so why is it a Must for the Owner to be Attending that particular Show, why not stay at Home with their Cavaliers.

What is so urgent that they have to attend Shows with their Cavaliers ,when the Cavalier Breed is said by the Experts to be considered a Brachycephalic Breed ,and it is known that this Type of Breed can be at risk in Hot Weather.

Bet

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

SINS ,

Just read your Post and have to make this Comment,if you go to Show with a Cavalier and have to have the Cavalier
in a Cage with Cool Mat or a Heat Reflector Crate Cover, then the Cavalier Owner must be having concerns about the Hot Weather , so why is it a Must for the Owner to be Attending that particular Show, why not stay at Home with their Cavaliers.

What is so urgent that they have to attend Shows with their Cavaliers ,when the Cavalier Breed is said by the Experts to be considered a Brachycephalic Breed ,and it is known that this Type of Breed can be at risk in Hot Weather.

Bet

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE.

I had not realized that when I Posted about Cavaliers being a Brachycephalic Breed ,some Cavalier Breeders would be having the Vapours!!

I did not know it was such Touchy Subject for some of them .

I was trying to get across to Owners of Cavaliers how their Cavaliers could be affected by the Hot Weather because they are this Type of Breed.

As was said on another Cavalier Forum, by a Cavalier Researcher into SM, that there is some Contention about Cavaliers being a Brachycephalic Breed ,but to look at Published Papers, they all talk about CKCS being Brachycephalic.

I have checked again as to what was actually said.These are the exact words.

I have just been looking at Published Papers on the Internet , at least 30, and that is what is agreed, .

Those Cavalier Breeders who seem to think that this word should not be being used about our Cavaliers, maybe should have another think, and realize that Cavalier Owners will now know to give special attention to Cavaliers in Hot Weather.

That not all Breeds of Dogs are Bracycephalic , but the Experts talk about Cavaliers being this Type of Breed.

Bet

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE.

I had not realized that when I Posted about Cavaliers being a Brachycephalic Breed ,some Cavalier Breeders would be having the Vapours!!

I did not know it was such Touchy Subject for some of them .

I was trying to get across to Owners of Cavaliers how their Cavaliers could be affected by the Hot Weather because they are this Type of Breed.

As was said on another Cavalier Forum, by a Cavalier Researcher into SM, that there is some Contention about Cavaliers being a Brachycephalic Breed ,but to look at Published Papers, they all talk about CKCS being Brachycephalic.

I have checked again as to what was actually said.These are the exact words.

I have just been looking at Published Papers on the Internet , at least 30, and that is what is agreed, .

Those Cavalier Breeders who seem to think that this word should not be being used about our Cavaliers, maybe should have another think, and realize that Cavalier Owners will now know to give special attention to Cavaliers in Hot Weather.

That not all Breeds of Dogs are Bracycephalic , but the Experts talk about Cavaliers being this Type of Breed.

Bet

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

I am getting a Wee bit Fed up being called a Liar by some in the Cavalier World because I have mentioned that the Cavalier Breed is a Brachcepalic Breed,

Hopefully this comment which was made at a Conference at the Royal Veterinary College ,November 11 2006 ,attended by Neurologists and Researchers discussing SM in Cavaliers, where it was Stated that the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is a Brachcepalic Breed of Dog.

The only reason why I have brought this to the attention of this List ,is because this Type of Dog can have difficulties in Hot Weather when their Breathing can be Impared

This all started because at the East of England Championship Show a couple of week's ago ,there were Cavaliers stuck in Cages at the Ring Side in the Extreme Heat and it was said on another Cavalier List ,he was annoyed at seeing what was happening that he even took Photos about it.

Now there is a deal of talk about those Cavaliers not being in Distress ,all I can ask was the Temperatures of those Cavaliers taken to find out if they were Over-Heating,if this was not done ,then no-body can say whether they were Distressed or not.

Bet

I read this post and I don't know why I could not say the term BRACHYCEPHALIC BREED. I completely agree with it because I read about it on Cavalier Health and also I would like to point out that there are restrictions about Cavaliers along with Pugs because they are BRACHYCEPHALIC and can become overheated. If you want to fly during the summer months, this is one of the breeds that is restricted from flying underneath. I don't know who would do that but if they were not considered part of this category then why are they grouped with the others? I don't know what to make of the response of my post. I am extremely careful about the amount of time I allow Ella to be outside. I actually have a cool vest http://www.inthecompanyofdogs.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=D73020 BL XS&srccode=NXCDC6 for Ella to wear. I will submit a post under the shop-o-holic section. I have explained the dangers and even wrote a newsletter to a group in Charlotte about dogs over heating. I will put what I wrote on a blog post.

I read this post and I don't know why I could not say the term BRACHYCEPHALIC BREED. I completely agree with it because I read about it on Cavalier Health and also I would like to point out that there are restrictions about Cavaliers along with Pugs because they are BRACHYCEPHALIC and can become overheated. If you want to fly during the summer months, this is one of the breeds that is restricted from flying underneath. I don't know who would do that but if they were not considered part of this category then why are they grouped with the others? I don't know what to make of the response of my post. I am extremely careful about the amount of time I allow Ella to be outside. I actually have a cool vest http://www.inthecompanyofdogs.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=D73020 BL XS&srccode=NXCDC6 for Ella to wear. I will submit a post under the shop-o-holic section. I have explained the dangers and even wrote a newsletter to a group in Charlotte about dogs over heating. I will put what I wrote on a blog post.

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

If I could be allowed to return to the subject of Heat Stress to Dogs ,Steve Dean ,who writes a Veterinary Column every week in the Dog World,has this week written about the effects of Heat Stress to Dogs.

Because Cavaliers are a BRACYCEPHALIC Breed of DOG, this is how Heat Stress will affect them.

He explains the Seriousness of the Risk to Dogs from Heat Stress.

Dogs maintain a Body Temperature at or close to 101degrees Farnheit, this optimum temperature may differ between Individual Dogs by +/-One per Cent ,but outside this Range Abnormality can be assumed.

The most serious condition for a Dog is a Hot Humid Environment,Humidity plays a Disatrous Role.

When a Dogs Temperature rises above 104 Degrees, vigorous Panting will be evident,their Veins will Dilate reducing Blood Pressure, and Lungs will be starved of Oxygen,then finally the Brain and Heart will fail,and the Dog Dies.

Surely when Cavaliers are at a greater Risk in Hot Humid Days, why put them under more Stress by taking them to Shows.

Just leave them at Home, they don't know about what Winning at Shows means, only their Owners.!

Bet

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

If I could be allowed to return to the subject of Heat Stress to Dogs ,Steve Dean ,who writes a Veterinary Column every week in the Dog World,has this week written about the effects of Heat Stress to Dogs.

Because Cavaliers are a BRACYCEPHALIC Breed of DOG, this is how Heat Stress will affect them.

He explains the Seriousness of the Risk to Dogs from Heat Stress.

Dogs maintain a Body Temperature at or close to 101degrees Farnheit, this optimum temperature may differ between Individual Dogs by +/-One per Cent ,but outside this Range Abnormality can be assumed.

The most serious condition for a Dog is a Hot Humid Environment,Humidity plays a Disatrous Role.

When a Dogs Temperature rises above 104 Degrees, vigorous Panting will be evident,their Veins will Dilate reducing Blood Pressure, and Lungs will be starved of Oxygen,then finally the Brain and Heart will fail,and the Dog Dies.

Surely when Cavaliers are at a greater Risk in Hot Humid Days, why put them under more Stress by taking them to Shows.

Just leave them at Home, they don't know about what Winning at Shows means, only their Owners.!

Bet

The DOG SHOW SCENE

I have just left this Post on this Thread.

I have read an interesting Article about the Biggest Problem regarding the Show Scene and some Dog Breeders .

Here are a few comments made in it .

Genetic Disease continues to inspire a range of negative Human behaviour ,wrapping the subject in a Shroud of Secrecy and Denial

The Intimidation to enforce Silence ,the Fear of speaking out ,and Inabitity to Face Facts .

The Article mentions that these are the biggest Problems that Breeders face in the attempt to control Genetic Disease in Pure-Bred Dogs .

The Breeders who put Winning above all other Goals,their belief is ,it does'nt matter as long the Dog Wins .

Their Dogs must Win ,as must their Dogs' Off-springs,and woe betide any-one who stands in their way as they pursue Greater Breed and Personal Glory

This Ego-driven behaviour affects Genetic Disease Control.

If a Genetic problem is not apparent, they will ignore it .

If another person knows about the problem ,,any means will be used to quieten that Person , such as Bully -Tactics and Rumor Mongering.

For us who have to suffer from these Bullies ,is to refuse to be Bullied ,unfortunately they have their Hangers-On who Harass us.

We just have to remember when this is happening , think about a Heart Broken Kiddie who has just been told that his Beloved ,and I will mention Cavalier here,has to be Put to Sleep because of a Devastating Disease , SM and MVD come to mind.

This Article also mentions the Ostrich Syndrome ,this is where many Breeders will find Excuses and Justifications for not doing Health Screening Tests .

The Fear of Genetic Diseases can lead to Group behaviour ,some-times the Followers of a Big name wish to curry Favour ,Health Survey Results will be suppressed and even Genetic Health Programs Stifled.

Some of us in the Cavalier World are having a Rough time of it at the moment in trying to give our beloved Cavalier Breed the chance of a Healthier,Longer Life,but when we look back at all the nastyness we have to endure at this time in our Lives ,we will know it has all been Worth While.

Bet.

We just have to

The DOG SHOW SCENE

I have read an interesting Article about the Biggest Problem regarding the Show Scene and some Dog Breeders .

Genetic Disease continues to inspire a range of negative Human behaviour ,wrapping the subject in a Shroud of Secrecy and Denial

The Intimidation to enforce Silence ,the Fear of speaking out ,and Inabitity to Face Facts .

The Article mentions that these are the biggest Problems that Breeders face in the attempt to control Genetic Disease in Pure-Bred Dogs .

The Breeders who put Winning above all other Goals,their belief is ,it does'nt matter as long the Dog Wins .

Their Dogs must Win ,as must their Dogs' Off-springs,and woe betide any-one who stands in their way as they pursue Greater Breed and Personal Glory

If another person knows about the problem ,,any means will be used to quieten that Person , such as Bully -Tactics and Rumor Mongering.

For us who have to suffer from these Bullies ,is to refuse to be Bullied ,unfortunately they have their Hangers-On who Harass us.

We just have to remember when this is happening , think about a Heart Broken Kiddie who has just been told that his Beloved ,and I will mention Cavalier here,has to be Put to Sleep because of a Devastating Disease , SM and MVD come to mind.

This Article also mentions the Ostrich Syndrome ,this is where many Breeders will find Excuses and Justifications for not doing Health Screening Tests .

The Fear of Genetic Diseases can lead to Group behaviour ,some-times the Followers of a Big name wish to curry Favour ,Health Survey Results will be suppressed and even Genetic Health Programs Stifled.

Some of us in the Cavalier World are having a Rough time of it at the moment in trying to give our beloved Cavalier Breed the chance of a Healthier,Longer Life,but when we look back at all the nastyness we have to endure at this time in our Lives ,we will know it has all been Worth While.

Bet.

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

I have just taken the PLUNGE !!!!

Posted my First Blog!

I felt that my Previous Post from the Article I mentioned, had a number of Comments that were so true, that I would put them in my First Blog.

I also included this on my Blog which is important as well.

That at the Moment there seems to be a Good Number of Cavalier Breeders who are with-holding Information about the Health Checks about their Cavalier Breeding Stock from the Researchers .

If this Information is not passed on ,how can the Researchers find the Answers to the SM and MVD Problems.

This could Link in with the Money to be being given to CKCS HEALTH FUND from the BLENHEIM SHOW and AUCTION.

This is Great , but surely it must run in Tandem with All the Cavalier Breeders ,not just a Few, to support the Cavalier Researchers, those Cavalier Breeders who seem at the moment to be Back-Word at coming Forward with Vital Health Information about their Cavalier Breeding Stock.

It's all very well giving Money to the CKCS HEALTH FUND ,but the Health Information about Cavaliers is as equally Important for the Researchers.

Bet.

The DOG SHOW SCENE

Bet.

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

I have just taken the PLUNGE !!!!

Posted my First Blog!

I felt that my Previous Post from the Article I mentioned, had a number of Comments that were so true, that I would put them in my First Blog.

I also included this on my Blog which is important as well.

That at the Moment there seems to be a Good Number of Cavalier Breeders who are with-holding Information about the Health Checks about their Cavalier Breeding Stock from the Researchers .

If this Information is not passed on ,how can the Researchers find the Answers to the SM and MVD Problems.

This could Link in with the Money to be being given to CKCS HEALTH FUND from the BLENHEIM SHOW and AUCTION.

This is Great , but surely it must run in Tandem with All the Cavalier Breeders ,not just a Few, to support the Cavalier Researchers, those Cavalier Breeders who seem at the moment to be Back-Word at coming Forward with Vital Health Information about their Cavalier Breeding Stock.

It's all very well giving Money to the CKCS HEALTH FUND ,but the Health Information about Cavaliers is as equally Important for the Researchers.

Bet.

AS A PS to my Previous Post, I wonder if there has been Specific Detailed Account about what Research Money has been given to, from the CKCS HEALTH FUND.

Is there a Different Section for each Different Research and the Money equally Divided amongst all the Research Projects?

Bet

AS A PS to my Previous Post, I wonder if there has been Specific Detailed Account about what Research Money has been given to, from the CKCS HEALTH FUND.

Is there a Different Section for each Different Research and the Money equally Divided amongst all the Research Projects?

Bet

THE CAVALIER SHOW SCENE

I have just come across this Article and thought it was worth Posting .

"In every Breed in this Shallow World of Exhibition ,there is always the "Breed Mafia".

Usually a Group of Elderly Woman (with the occasional male)that is steadfast in it's View ,even when wrong ,they are self Proclaimed Experts in nothing,who Chant ,we are the Breed ,there is nothing any-one can teach us about this Breed

Unfortunately all this does is creat Disharmony,Damages Dogs and Stagnates Gene Pools to such a Degree that Health Crisis are inevitable."

Can I mention the Cavalier Breed here , the Cavaliers are battling Two huge Health Problems at the moment, MVD and SM , this comment was mentioned in the PDE TV Program,that no-body could argue that enough is being done,as the PDE TV Program commented , every one of the Top Stud Dogs had been used Under-Age ,and they all had been used Out-Side the Breeding Guidelines.

I don't know but is this still happening?

What is also distressing to read is, in Posts all that seems to be required for the Show Scene, are Cavaliers with Free Flowing Movement ,not a mention of not Suffering from SM or MVD.

Surely in the Cavalier World ,the time has come to Stop Dimissing the Critics about the Health Problems in the Cavalier Breed and Engage in an Open Debate about the Cavaliers' Health Troubles.

Bet

Back