• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Oprah: Puppy Mill Update

I hope nobody gets insulted by this...

I really dont agree with puppy mills they casue massive genetic problems. They treat the animals there like they dont care [which they dont] if a female is in heat, they just leave her there and let any male to mate with her:mad:.

Just not right

Rajacadoo

It would be wonderful if she did quarterly follow-up shows on puppy mills to educate people and increase their awareness of the horrible industry. Hopefully she'll have footage of what happened recently in Virginia.

I really dont agree with puppy mills they casue massive genetic problems. They treat the animals there like they dont care [which they dont] if a female is in heat, they just leave her there and let any male to mate with her:mad:.

Just not right

Rajacadoo

no responsible pet lover would be insulted by your comment.
My first dog came from a backyard breeder who works at a pet store.
It is MY FAULT to purchased the dog from such source. I was ignorant. However I love this dog so much that I've become a much more responsible pet owner. I will NEVER buy from a BYB or Pet store again!

Just not right

Rajacadoo

No responsible pet owner would be insulted by that ;)

Raj-

Obviously you misunderstood my reason for posting this. She is not doing a positive story on puppy mills but rather a follow up to her summer show on the horrible conditions in puppy mills.

No one on this board would ever condone puppy mills!

I watched it on my DVR.

It was an episode about dogs with only a small portion devoted to puppy mills. That said, she had the same guy from the rescue on (the one who did the billboard that originally caused her to air the puppy mill show). They had a couple updates about the 80 dogs who were shot in PA (because it was cheaper than getting them flea treatment that the inspectors required ... and totally legal ...!!!) and also the raid of the WV puppy mill where 927 dogs were seized.

It wasn't as extensive as the previous show but it did a good job keeping the issue of puppy mills in the spotlight.

Raj-

Obviously you misunderstood my reason for posting this. She is not doing a positive story on puppy mills but rather a follow up to her summer show on the horrible conditions in puppy mills.

No one on this board would ever condone puppy mills!

Oh no i didn't misunderstand you i just didnt know if it was good or bad... which it sort of the same thing but anyway!!! ;););).

No responsible pet owner would be insulted by that ;)

Yes i agree! :D Everytime i thik about stuff like puppy mills or any animal cruelty i am either on the verge of tears on it tears.

I am thinking of getting a job at the RSPCA. An animal police officer. I know it would be sad seeing all the animals in a stressfull situation but it would be worth it.

Ok that was a bit off topic...

Rajacadoo

Back