• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

News: cavalier nearly dies eating a g-string

Ok now I will tell my story. A couple years ago we were gone but my son, daughter-in-law and grandson had come over here to spend the day in the pool etc. Well, my son came in the house from outside and our shih tzu was halfway choking and my son literally put his hand down his throat and pulled out my daughter-in-laws thongs. Now I must say my shih tzu has this thing about underwear. He loves them--lol. I'm just stating facts folks--lol. My daughter-in-law had just thrown her thongs on the bathroom floor when she put on her bathing suit and Winston was in heaven. lol. Not funny and thank goodness my son decided to come in the house for something.

Our Golden Retriever had an underwear and dirty sock fetish when he was young. We had to watch him like a hawk and still I would come across crotchless underwear from time to time. Max has a treasure stash under our bed - if he happens upon a sock he runs there with it thinking we can't see him. I think if left to his own devices he would chew/eat them. After having our Golden for nearly 12 years we find that we are pretty good at Maxproofing. Somedays he seems the reincarnation of Zeus but he is shorter so we don't have to worry about the counters - only the floor.

Sparky loves socks. But he only steals balled up pairs and he must thing they are some sort of stuffed squeaky toy or something. He'll grab them and then go and run to hide since he knows I'll take them from him. He's so silly I ALWAYS know when he has found a pair of dirty socks! Then I squeek a toy, throw it and he drops the socks. Silly boy!!!

He and Lucky both love underwear too but I am extremely diligent about keeping those in the laundry basket at all times.

I had a cavalier who wandered down the stairs with a bra in her mouth just as I answered the door to the local vicar.

I can also remember standing with the washing machine repair man puzzling over the identity of a scrap of red lacy material that had gummed up the works of my machine.
I suddenly realised it was my daughter's saucy thong

Margaret C

Lucy collects bras, and especially, dirty socks but doesn't eat them -- she just likes carrying them around. :rolleyes:

Lily on the other hand came downstairs on the evening of a Big Date bringing a small pink packet which she proceeded to shred and out of the corner of my eye I noticed, and realised she'd taken a pantyliner from the box. icon_blshing I nonchalantly stooped down and palmed it then took it to the trash while chatting away as if nothing embarrassing had happened... :lol:

Any dog that actually chews on thongs though -- I'd make sure that cannot happen. As with the dog in this article, I've heard of others who've nearly died from eating these as they are long and thin and extremely dangerous.

I had a cavalier a few years ago and one night I thought he had swallowed a small piece of plastic, not sure just thought! I rang the vet a home and he laughed at me! He told me earlier that week he'd had a labrador in who had eaten a whole t-shirt and had to have it surgically removed from its stomach :eek: Turned out that he probably didnt swallow it but vet said to give him a small amount of cooking oil to drink (eewww) to lubricate his insides just in case.

Prince has such a thing for chewing on knickers he has been permanently banned from my bedroom! Dont worry though, after 2 (human) babies my g-string wearing days are a thing of the past. :D

Lily on the other hand came downstairs on the evening of a Big Date bringing a small pink packet which she proceeded to shred and out of the corner of my eye I noticed, and realised she'd taken a pantyliner from the box. icon_blshing I nonchalantly stooped down and palmed it then took it to the trash while chatting away as if nothing embarrassing had happened... :lol:

In one rescue place I worked at the house dog was a rescued beagle & she used to empty our bags for tampax or cigarettes (not mine for the cigarettes!!)

SParky quite often sneaks into the bathroom while im in the shower & takes my knickers down to Mark or sits on the rug & licks them - till we notice what he's doing!

OMG, that was such a funny article, thanks for posting it... I e-mailed it to my husband, he'll get a kick out of it. Alice has tried to eat all kinds of things, my daughter's underwear and my husbands socks. She mostly just wants to play with them. My 13 year old daughter is always mortified, it's a good motivation to keep her room cleaned up! :p I didn't realize how much cavaliers like to eat things before we got one! Alice is always trying to eat things when my husband takes her for walks also. A friend of mine said that their cavalier had to have surgery for eating a whole bunch of gravel when it was about a year old. Thankfully it lived through it OK! :jmp:

It's just dogs generally that like to eat things, rather than cavaliers -- some dogs anyway (because none of mine are eaters of things they aren't supposed to eat :) -- they aren't big toy fans either so maybe that's connected? They can be left in a room full of shoes, socks, etc and none of the four will eat or chew on anything (except paper products...) :lol:. Lucy is the only one who might go to sleep on an old sock but that's about it).

If people want to know how serious an issue eating obects is, though -- ask your vet next time you are in! :eek:

Shivers: I loved the word "knickers". I'm picturing the old fashioned full fluffy underwear from the 20's. Is that what you are calling knickers? lol. I can't picture that--lol. Just teasing you. I'm assuming in Ireland knickers are undies. I actually love the different terminology in different countries like accents--oh wouldn't it be a blast in here if we could hear everybody's accents.

LOL Linderbelle. Yep, they are just normal undies (definitely no frills and they dont go down to my knees)!! I always say knickers :rotfl:

I think its easier for us to get all the American sayings because we get so much American TV here.
Im sure we can work on teaching you all some Irish English :D

LOL Linderbelle. Yep, they are just normal undies (definitely no frills and they dont go down to my knees)!! I always say knickers :rotfl:

I think its easier for us to get all the American sayings because we get so much American TV here.
Im sure we can work on teaching you all some Irish English :D

If they went down to your knees they would be bloomers, possibly with a little pocket to hold a handkerchief.
( Brian, you are not allowed to read this thread )

Margaret C

We have a very dirty lot - my underwear and socks gets robbed from the washing basket, my OH's socks and boxers get robbed too, bras are another love (sometimes find them around the house in very random places, usually when someone else is there :rolleyes:) and if we don't catch them in time we get holes in unsightly places icon_whistling

We had a very strange moment when one of them found a box of tampons (unused!), shredded them but trotted around with one hanging out of their mouth. Thankfully, this was a guest free moment :biggrin:

:)This thread has really made me laugh! Rubes has never nicked off with anything so as you do i tested this this aft! went for my bath& left all clothing on bathroom floor then called her thro' for tummy time then she just went past all clothing back to her favourite chair(that i used to call mine!) so not as much as a glance!

Hollys au undie robber too! She especially loves smelly socks from a long walk! I'm always finding socks and knickers she steals and hides away for a good chew when we're not looking! :p

Delicate Dutch!

Glad I'm not the only one! I don't know where he even finds my underwear! Just yesterday he came out of my bedroom with my thong wrapped around his whole body. If only I had a camera! It looked like a pageant banner!

He always runs outside with my underwear, bras or socks! I get nervous that my guy neighbors will look over the fence and see my delicates scattered across my yard!

Back