• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What Kind Of Shampoo To Use

JimmyT

I just purchased up a cavalier last sunday and am looking on tips for bathing this little sweetheart. I have heard not to use Hartz shampoos. Anyone else heard that and do you have any suggestions? She is starting to get that puppy smell.

TIA,
Jimmy

You might not agree but I think that Puppy smell is the best smell on this earth. :lotsaluv:

Sabby

Although I agree that puppysmell is the BESTEST! ahhh...:rolleyes: if you're over in the States a lot of people like Plush Puppy products. I think they smell great and are wonderful. I also use Chris Christensen. You can Google either for the best prices or find them at higher-end pet product places.

If your puppy gets dry skin from bathing, I recommend these shampoos that I get from our vet:
Vet Solutions Aloe & Oatmeal Shampoo

from our veterinary dermatologist:
Douxo Maintenance Shampoo

I especially love the Douxo shampoo because it is so gentle no conditioner is needed. Your puppy will smell lightly fresh, no strong odors. (y)

I just used up my second bottle of Isle of the Dog shampoo and I will go back to using my Matrix Biolage-- I get it for people from a salon. Nothing seems to moisturize as well.

So many to choose from....I use PetSilk, Chris Christensen, Isle of Dogs, and am constantly switching around to new ones. Right now I'm using an anti-itch shampoo for Mr. Scratchy aka Jake, but it doesn't smell nearly as good as the others. Oh well, once his itchies clear up we'll get to go back to our regulars.

I just bought a new shampoo today (haven't yet tried it). It's called Earthbath- a totally natural pet shampoo. It sure smells good with a natural cherry essence. I can't wait to try it out.

You might not agree but I think that Puppy smell is the best smell on this earth. :lotsaluv:

Sabby

Me too (and the not-so-puppy smell of J who is five) I love the smell of his head, its just a him smell. He smells lovely after he has been to the groomers but i still prefer his natural smell

Back