• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lucky & Sparky

Lani

I took a professional pet photography class and have been taking a few pics recently of my boys ... my most accessible models!

I'm still learning to master light ... but getting there! Hope you enjoy.

1348692659.jpg

1348692190.jpg

1348692151.jpg

Both boys have some pretty serious tummy issues going on right now so please think good thoughts that they are better soon.

Lani,they are great photos, I particularly like the last one. I hope the boys are feeling better and over their tummy bugs.

Lovely--both the pics and the pups. Hope they are feeling better now.

When you were photographing them, had your exercised them first or done anything so they would cooperate and stay put for you? I can't imagine getting my two to pose like that.

Are they from the same litter or related??? They look so much alike!! If I ever get to own a ruby I would one with a little white on the chest and chin super cute.

Lovely--both the pics and the pups. Hope they are feeling better now.

When you were photographing them, had your exercised them first or done anything so they would cooperate and stay put for you? I can't imagine getting my two to pose like that.

They both are doing so much better. Both boys took obedience classes (though sometimes you'd never know it ...). Anyway, they learned watch me early on and they learned that sitting still when requested consistently results in a treat, so I never have trouble getting them to pose. :)

Are they from the same litter or related??? They look so much alike!! If I ever get to own a ruby I would one with a little white on the chest and chin super cute.

Not from the same litter or even related.

Sparky is a rescue from a Puppy mill in Parkerburg WV that was raided 4 years ago. There were 4 people caring for 927 dogs. Horrid conditions, but like so many rescues, Sparky persevered. He is such a loving boy!! I fell in love with him when I met him ... shaking and so nervous and tiny (just 13 lbs at the time). He looked exactly like my Lucky. Well not exactly .. I could list at least a dozen differences, but all subtle. I'm a twin though, so I notice subtle differences. :lol:

Anyway, my groomer wants to have me do Christmas pics for some of her dogs so I did a little session tonight.

I really love this pic but unfortunately Lucky's ears are a hot mess :lol: I'm going to have to try this one again next weekend. Oh well, practice makes perfect, right?

1349053380.jpg

This one I like as well ... I captioned it: "Lucky says 'Tell Santa to get another Elf ... I'm not a fan of hats"

v
1349053370.jpg

This one I am not in love with as the lights were too bright but it still turned out okay and a good learning opportunity for me!

1349053338.jpg

I'm also thinking of doing a fundraiser for rescue with our NJ Cavaliers group if we can find indoor space for an early Christmas party ... holiday card pics in exchange for a minimum donation to a Cavalier rescue and/or maybe Rupert's Fund. :)

Hi
Beautiful photos Lani ,well done to you and your boys .There is so much to learn in photography but those shots
are really good ,what camera and lens did you use for these .

Hi
Beautiful photos Lani ,well done to you and your boys .There is so much to learn in photography but those shots
are really good ,what camera and lens did you use for these .

Hi Brian!! I have the Olympus OM-D E-M5 and for these photos I used the 12-45 lens.

Hi Lani

They are really good so you can post lots and lots more also you have two superb models posing for you .

You are very talented....I like the first christmas picture the best of the christmas pictures. And I love the picture with the black background, it looks almost like a painting.

My groomer asked me to do photos for her Halloween party. I think I might do really short photo sessions in exchange for a donation to the local animal shelter (since I still am not sure how much money I want to charge, etc. & this'll be my first real gig ...)

Here is my website - I've been working on getting it ready for prime time!
http://www.luckydogpetportraits.com/

Back