• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dog Day at Shea

enchantingdragon

Ellie was so good this weekend! Saturday was dog day at Shea so Ellie, Paul, and I made the trek into the city via train and subway. Ellie was so good riding in her new Sherpa carrier. She was the hit on the train and subway! Paul actually got mobbed on the train platform when a group of pre-teen girls saw Ellie in her carrier and rushed over to take a look! Ellie took all her admiration in stride just like a Princess would She was so good on the train and subway too I was shocked! I think she was better then me on the subway as I hate those things!

When we got to Shea we ran into 2 other Cavaliers right away. A little Blen and a B/T. As the day would go on we would see another Blen and a tri. No Rubies though so Lani you were missed

Here is Ellie's view of Shea

IMG_0406.jpg

Ellie with Daddy

IMG_0395.jpg

Ellie and Mommy (awful picture of me)

IMG_0402.jpg

Ellie having fun

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

And while we were there a guy came around and snapped pics for the Mets site. They wont let me link it but here is how you can see us

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/fan_forum/index.jsp?c_id=nym

Go to the link on the bottom right that says "Fan Photos" Look for April 21, 2007 Mets vs Braves game Gallery 102 top row second picture and youll see us at the game!!

Sadly Paul and I look awful as we were trying to make sure Ellie lookd at the camera that she turned out fantastic and we turned out awful!

Sunday Ellie finally got to meet Molly and the furkids! No pics but it was tons of fun! The fur kids are so cute and Molly and her husband were great hosts! Cant wait for the next get together and hopefully Lani and Lucky will be there next time! :D

Those are GREAT pics, Jasmine!!!

Lucky and I were sad we weren't able to make it to MOlly's on Sunday, but we're hoping we'll get to meet up with you & Ellie really soon! :dogwlk:

Jasmine...those are beautiful pics!! Sounds like some work to get there but when I see the pictures it looks to be well worth it! I especially liked the pic with her "view." That's great!

How cute!!! You guys look like you had a blast!

I wish I could take my furkids to sporting events, but here it is soooo damn hot that I would rather stay at home and watch it in the AC!!;)

Your photos are wonderful Jasmine. It looks like you, your husband and Ellie had a fantastic time. I've never seen a better picture of Shea Stadium. The Mets will be asking you if they can use the ball-park photo too!

I'm curious, how did all those dogs get along? Were there lots of them? Did people clean up after their dogs? Tell us more ......

I wonder if they'd let me Take Tucker on the train into Boston.

Your photos are wonderful Jasmine. It looks like you, your husband and Ellie had a fantastic time. I've never seen a better picture of Shea Stadium. The Mets will be asking you if they can use the ball-park photo too!

I'm curious, how did all those dogs get along? Were there lots of them? Did people clean up after their dogs? Tell us more ......

I wonder if they'd let me Take Tucker on the train into Boston.

Aww thanks for the sweet words Joanne!

Most of the dogs got along fine. Many f them like Ellie were quite indifferent of one another and despite the number of dogs there you hardly heard many barks at all! I was really surprised at that. I think most people who bring their dogs to things like this know that their dog will be somewhat well behaved. On the bealchers most of the dogs stayed where they were. I walked Ellie down behind the bleachers and there she was able to greet some other dogs. All in all it was a lot of fun and I would do it again. I didnt see any dogs going to the bathroom but I brought baggies with me just in case and I imagine many people did too. What I didnt think to bring which a lot of people did was a bowl for the dog to drink out of. I had to steal a plate for Ellie as I forgot to bring one myself. They do have some bowls laying around with water here and there for the dogs to drink but Im always a bit nervous about that kind of stuff You never know what could gather in the water of what other dogs might have Makes me a little nervous so I just used a plate and it was fine

I assume if you look it up youll see Boston's train policies. With so many things becoming pet friendly I cant see how they could really complain if you had him in a carrier

Ellie is such a cutie, and what a long ears!!

It seems that you have a great time!

How old is Ellie?

Wow, those pictures are great!!! Kevin is a huuuge Mets fan, and I showed the pics to him and in his words he "got tears in his eyes seeing all those mets fans together", and he thought Ellie was a great lookin' dog!! :D We might actually try to fly out next year for that, since he has a bunch of family out that way.

Maybe we should have a world wide (or at least US ...) Cavalier get together next year at Shae Stadium ;-)

Maybe we should have a world wide (or at least US ...) Cavalier get together next year at Shae Stadium ;-)

Yes!! Or you guys could all come out here to San Francisco for the Giants Doggie Day this summer ;)

All the pictures were fabulous!! you're a great photographer! Ellie is looks soo sweet!! just Love her beautiful ears and coat!

Back