• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

gah...I'm getting sick just writing this...

nicoles94

Tybalt has discovered Romeo's litter box. I caught him yesterday eating poo and earlier this evening he drug a bit of it into the living room. At first I thought it was a bit of one of his treats, but on closer inspection it was more cat poo. Teh vet said it was probably a treat for Tybalt since the cat's diet is different then his. *gags*

I don't have a weak stomach, but this I can't handle. I'm gagging just writing this out. We absolutely have no other place to put the litter box but where it is right now. What can we do to keep Tybalt out of it? The vet suggested putting meat tenderizer in the cat food, but we tried that and Romeo wouldn't touch his food. His litter box is one of those round Booda ones with the cover and flap, and Tybalt obviously has no problem sticking his head through the flap and picking up the poo. I've also tried a baby gate, Romeo can jump over it and Tybalt can't but the smart booger has learned how to push it over if you push it in a certain way.

And now I have to get samples of both Tybalt and Romeo's poo so the vet can check them both for worms. I don't think either one has any, they are both on some form of monthly treatment, but I guess better to be safe then sorry.

I know just how you feel! Lola was getting into the cats litter boxes too and I was totally grossed out! We had to brush her teeth and mouth out every time she got into the poo!! I found this gate online and went to Petco and found it there. It is not easily knocked over at it is pressure mounted against the walls. We even got another one to block our bedroom door so the cats have a way to get away from her.

http://www.puplife.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/SFV/32255/vpid/3446612/vpcsid/0/rid/126031#sizing

It has helped us tremedously! No more snacks for Lola!! :p Hope this helps you!

Do you have to use a litter box for the cats in the house? we had cats for years and never used one, they went outside for their toilet needs. Can you fit a cat flap in the door so that the cat can get out on it's own, this must be better than raiding the cat's poo! :( ugh!

Alison.

Do you have to use a litter box for the cats in the house? we had cats for years and never used one, they went outside for their toilet needs. Can you fit a cat flap in the door so that the cat can get out on it's own, this must be better than raiding the cat's poo! :( ugh!

Alison.

Romeo DOES NOT go outside. He came to us declawed. He has to be inside for his own safety and my peace of mind.

Last edited:
I know just how you feel! Lola was getting into the cats litter boxes too and I was totally grossed out! We had to brush her teeth and mouth out every time she got into the poo!! I found this gate online and went to Petco and found it there. It is not easily knocked over at it is pressure mounted against the walls. We even got another one to block our bedroom door so the cats have a way to get away from her.

http://www.puplife.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/SFV/32255/vpid/3446612/vpcsid/0/rid/126031#sizing

It has helped us tremedously! No more snacks for Lola!! :p Hope this helps you!

Great! Thank you so much! I will go check out Petco today.

Isn't it amazing how these beatiful creatures can always find ways to remind us that they're still a dog and totally gross us out?! We have a girl (Dottie) that absolutely LOVES Buck's litter box. And Dottie is just small enough that she can squeeze through the little cat door! We have done a similar thing to what Mom2Lola did, except we just use an ordinary baby gate to close off Buck's room. Buck can easily jump over it, but none of the dogs can.

Back