• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Just a RANT about a breeder

MomObvious

I will state this VERY CAREFULLY!!! During my finding a good breeder stage of cavalier puppy hunting I found plenty of nice looking sites that stated they cared so much for their "home raised" cavaliers but after farther checking there were too many questionable "flags" stated. Well, most of those sites I never visited again whatever, but one breeder kept up a super funny blog about the things his/her dogs and puppy did..... So I from time to time go read the breeders blog on his/her site. Well today I did just that. But I did notice a new announcement on the breeders home page a new litter was born 7/7/12. After some farther reading this same dam had a litter on 12/15/11............and this breeder states he/she does not over breed their dogs?????? It makes me what to jump thur the computer and slap this breeder. Its so so so annoying and I'm betting this second time mother in 7 months dog is younger than 2 and 1/2 years. Poor baby. This breeder has announced 6 new litters this year.....yep in it for the money and money only. Sorry but I have to rant what the ____ is wrong with these "breeders"!!!!!!! They are a major problem! I'm not going to read these sites anymore it makes me sick.

I'm gonna jump of a cavalier rescue site and donate $20 in this poor dam's name I swear. Alright I won't use her full registered AKC name just the first letter of her name. The AKC standards for breeders my ______. They are of no help either.

Sorry, I was careful to not name names, or give any specific identifying information.

Melissa

If you are confining yourself to websites to find a good Virginia breeder, then you are making a big mistake.

Melissa.. I agree w/ you. Sadly there are MANY of those type breeders. They are all over the internet. Yes..they are in it for the money. And what is even worse....most people do not do enough research..and just go buy a cute little puppy. I have to admit that I thought I did a lot of research before we bought only to find..there is soooo much more I needed to know.
And....many people think if the person is breeding in their home..everything must be ok. Just not so.

I have a friend who is picking up a female Blenheim ( 5 yrs. old) from a lady that SAYS that her dogs are all home raised and well cared for. How is it then that she was OK w/ letting this female go after having it that long? Basically because she isn't going to breed her any longer..so she isn't making her any more $$. She could care less. ( and yes..this female was bred MANY times...all from the age of 2 yrs. to only a few months ago!!)
I want to be happy for my friend ( she is really excited) but I told her to please make sure she has copies of all the medical records & look into getting Pet insurance. She is also getting her checked out thoroughly when she brings her home.
She had a Cavalier years ago that passed away of MVD & it broke her heart. She wanted another one even though she knows this breeder is probably not being up front. I have mixed feelings about it all...but I know at least this Cavalier is finally going to have the love & care she so deserves <3

If you are confining yourself to websites to find a good Virginia breeder, then you are making a big mistake.

Oh no Rod, I'm off the market since getting Fletcher but I do have a deposit down with a good breeder openly named in this forum.....but her waiting list is long, so I can wait years at this point. This breeder I'm referring to is not in Virginia anyway.

Oh no Rod, I'm off the market since getting Fletcher but I do have a deposit down with a good breeder openly named in this forum.....but her waiting list is long, so I can wait years at this point. This breeder I'm referring to is not in Virginia anyway.

Suffolk, Virginia is my first stop when I look for another cavalier.

Suffolk, Virginia is my first stop when I look for another cavalier.

No kidding, Suffolk is about an hour from me. This part of the area I live in called Hampton Roads (its a strange area- a few mid-sized cities all rolled into one) Va.Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Hampton, Newport News are the bigger ones. Its hard to describe to people who have never lives here. It's not like if your live in Brandon Fl. and you tell people you are from Tampa for example.....I know. We have every branch of the military here too. I live in Yorktown, but I'm close enough to Langley Air Force Base, which is located in Hampton to hear their emergency sirens to go off. Which is scary during a good thunderstorm!!!

I am so tempted to ask you to PM me that contact info out of Suffolk but I have a 5 month old puppy and a 4 yr old, my hands are full for now. Maybe in 2 or 3 years??? HAHA

Small world moment tho.

Melissa

One of the reasons I picked my boy's breeder. She breeds only one litter a year, total. Last year her breeding didn't take so she had a two year gap. I really liked that she had time to know each puppy as an individual.

Ask me anyway, for future reference.

Rod...not that I am looking for another either....but I have friends that ADORE Wrigley and have said how they would love a Cavalier. You wouldn't happen to know of any good breeders in Illinois would you? You can PM me if so.
*thanks*

Rod...not that I am looking for another either....but I have friends that ADORE Wrigley and have said how they would love a Cavalier. You wouldn't happen to know of any good breeders in Illinois would you? You can PM me if so.
*thanks*

Being one not keen upon beating around the bush, let's just say that one of my favorite breeders is Patricia Winters of Suffolk, Virginia. Another of my favorites is Anne Eckersley of Hawleyville, Connecticut. I can speak of them knowingly because their offspring litter my house.

Being one not keen upon beating around the bush, let's just say that one of my favorite breeders is Patricia Winters of Suffolk, Virginia. Another of my favorites is Anne Eckersley of Hawleyville, Connecticut. I can speak of them knowingly because their offspring litter my house.

Thanks I will def store info. for FUTURE use :)

Melissa

Back