• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

insurence

Murphy's mum....:)

If you have taken a 12 month cover then usually you will have to continue and finish the 12 months term, then change after that :)
I found with most the only exclusion allowing early cancellation is if your animal sadly dies or is PTS, then the policy stops .... normally without any further payment.

Most however do allow you to cancel within 14 days of a new 12 month contract or following a yearly renewel.
Hope this helps.

Alison.

Just a note to remember while we are shopping for better or less expensive pet Insurance :)

....any conditions already noted on your animals health record with you vet will not normally be covered by an Insurance company......noted conditions will nearly always be excluded from a claim especially if you have claimed for them with a previous company.

So think hard if you are claiming for medical expenses already and thinking about making the switch. Is it a condition that might or be more likely to happen again for which you would want to claim for?

Alison.

I was wondering about that when I looked at their online quote , there was a bit you had to tick if your pet had been treated for any illness.
she has only been to the vet with a tummy upset. But do I still need to tick yes ?

AT,

ring your vet and ask them if what she had was termed as an actual illness, tell them that you want to change insurance companies and ask if they would have to disclose the simple tummy upset if you ever claimed for a similar or possibly related problem, it's better to be safe :)

Alison.

Murphy's mum....:)

If you have taken a 12 month cover then usually you will have to continue and finish the 12 months term, then change after that :)
I found with most the only exclusion allowing early cancellation is if your animal sadly dies or is PTS, then the policy stops .... normally without any further payment.

Most however do allow you to cancel within 14 days of a new 12 month contract or following a yearly renewel.
Hope this helps.

Alison.

Yea I contacted them and I do need to wait until my renewal. Luckily Murphy is healthy, with no prior problems, so if all is well next year we'll swap:)

Back