• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

hairy or what

Justine

are all the other cavs moulting,alfs hair is unbelievable,when he shakes its just like a snow shower.if he gets of the sofa well i have never seen so much hair.i keep brushing but it doesnt seem to do anything.

Yes, I've noticed that Odie is shedding a lot lately, it must be this lovely weather we are having!

The sun was shining through the window this afternoon, Odie was on the couch, shook himself and the hairs were flying through the air.

I got the brush and attempted to groom him, he didn't seem to mind at first until a dog on the TV barked and Odie came out of his trance and ran away from me and keeping away for most of the afternoon ha ha ha !!!

i keep brushing but it doesnt seem to do anything.

What kind of brush are you using Justine? I use a cat slicker brush on Sonny, twice daily and I get a good handful of hair out of him every day, but that does seem to keep the dust bunnies at bay.

My two seem okay so far - I brush them every other day anyway so there is not much to shed anyways.

Justine - you don't still have your central heating on do you? This can cause more shedding.;)

Have you tried a coat king? They really cut down on shedding and also give the coat a nice sheen :)

hi guys

i use 2 diff. brushes,one is the boars brush and the other is a needle type thats just for behind his ears.last week i found a huge matt behind his ear and it had to be cut out,i had been sick for a while and coudnt brush him a few days.the boars brush doesnt seem to do alot apart from make him feel silky.jus.

If you buy a furminator brush it will get rid of all the dead undercoat. It is by far the best brush I have found. They are expensive but they are worth it. You can get them in Cork.
Regards,
Lionel

We just bought the Kong Zoom Groom (under 10$) and I sat down and brushed Colin for awhile (he ended up falling asleep) and got a HUGE pile of hair - the cottony undercoat. I was so surprised how good it works. I remember reading about it on this website somewhere. I've never gotten that much hair out of him just using a slicker or pin brush. His hair looks really silky and he looks slimmer :)

Back