• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bertie has gone to the Rainbow Bridge

alibunnylady

Sadly, last night, my beloved Bertie took a turn for the worse and I had to take him to the emergency vet where they admitted him to try and stabilize him.

Unfortunately, they couldn't stabilize him and called me a couple of hours later to go down there to say goodbye.

Poor Bertie was so very exhausted, he went peacefully with his chin in my hand and me stroking him and telling him how much I love him.

Today I feel so very empty and lost without him, can't believe he's gone so quickly. I just want my baby back but he's gone :-(

Alison

This is so sad. At least he knew you were there with him and how much you loved him.

You are in my thoughts.

I just want my baby back but he's gone :-(

Alison
Those are probably the saddest but most true words spoken of anyone who has lost a loved pet. I'm so sorry about Bertie. He was too young to be in such discomfort. I'm glad you were with him at the end. I hope you'll find peace in his memory.

I am so, so sorry. Your pain and sadness comes across in your post. It's so especially hard to lose them to such an illness, when they should have many more years ahead. I am sure he was greatly comforted by your being there, and as hard as it can be at the time, it is very comforting later to know you were there and have that memory. It is a final kindness based in great love, that we can do -- to have the courage to let them go so suffering doesn't continue, and to stand by them at that time and not leave, as they stood by us through so many ups and downs in our lives. :flwr: You took the right path and I hope that brings comfort and peace as time passes and the loss isn't so raw.

So sorry to see this Alison. I feel your pain and am crying with you. Treasure the memories you have of Bertie, they will become so precious as time goes on.

I am so sorry to read this. Find comfort in the fact that you were with him so I doubt he was frightened.

Thinking of you

Mel X

RIP Bertie, so sorry to hear this Alison, this is such a heartbreaking difficult time for you and my thoughts are with you.

hi alibunnylady
so so sorry to read about bertie your heart must be broken
time's a great healer and you well be left with wonderful memories of bertie

So sorry to read this, it must be really difficult time you. Sending you much love xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to thank everybody for their lovely messages. I'm struggling like crazy, just can't get used to him not being here. I think I can hear him sometimes too.

I'm having him cremated and have chosen a photo frame casket. I think I will only start to feel better once he is home.

I've never had such a bond with a dog before, don't know what it was about Bertie but he was so special.

Alison

I'd like to thank everybody for their lovely messages. I'm struggling like crazy, just can't get used to him not being here. I think I can hear him sometimes too.

I'm having him cremated and have chosen a photo frame casket. I think I will only start to feel better once he is home.

I've never had such a bond with a dog before, don't know what it was about Bertie but he was so special.

Alison

I think most of us feel uneasy until our pet is safely back home.

Many people find it takes time before you stop hearing them or seeing them in the corner of the eye, but it does get better.

xxx

Back