• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Farting

Desrae

Yes, I don't mean to be rude, but this thread is about farting... dog farting. Everybody does it, especially our dogs, some more than others. Our boy Bobby farts something fierce sometimes. So bad that we have to open the windows and light some candles. :grnyuk:. He usually does it in the evenings, and more so after the grass has been cut and he's had a chew on some grass clumps... I think it might be making his tummy upset, but he loves the stuff! Can't keep him out of the garden after grass has been freshly cut! Belle is the same, but she doesn't get gas like he does. Also there have been some stray cats wandering around the place and walking the walls of the garden and are audacious enough to come into the garden and I think maybe poop, I am afraid that Bobby or Belle might find it and want to eat it, but I don't know.

Does anyone else's dog fart a lot? What do you do about it?
My husband likes to call dog farts 'foggy darts' :rotfl:makes me laugh every time. Only thing is, Bobby leaves the room himself if the smell is too bad! :shifty:

Hi

Make sure he doesnt fart near the candles that could be dangerous ,I heard if you feed swede / turnip it makes their farts smell sweeter .

LOL that's so funny Desrae! My two fart all the time and some real stinker too! We all get up and run out! I think it's when they have fresh fish? Our last dog used to love getting the cats poo and eating it!

Archie hardly farts,but my daughter Ella knows a thing about wind,she farts like a man,they are sooooooo loud,all my family farts,its a tradition,a bit like our food fights.....I dont fart,becos i am a lady ..mmmmm.....

:lol: too funny! I find that Toby has really bad gas after so many training treats. Since we are in the training period, we are doing lots of work. I can tell the days we do some work and days we do LOTS of work. His gas gets horrible! Because of training, we give many different kinds of treats to keep him guessing but I think it has a bad affect on him.
Toby also goes after grass, he likes tall blades of grass or clumps of cut grass. Its almost impossible to get him to stop. I pretty much have to stand over him to get him to quit! What is it with this stuff? UGH! Not sure if that alone gives him gas though.
All I know is some days he will actually clear a room :shock:
Becky

:lol::rotfl::rotfl::lol:

Parp .... oops pardon :eek:

Alfie can trump for England! With him I'm certain it's treat related. Either way...... Phwoar :grnyuk:

I'm sure we could start an orchestra of the rootin-tootin, Cavaliers ..Each admission is eligible, for an oxygen mask

In our house we call it Windy Bottoms because Molly doesn't Fart....Apparently :yikes

I love the 'foggy darts' and 'windy bottom'! I intend on using those. So far Claire hasn't had any issues, but the the dog we had before could clear a room when his tummy was rolling!

These posts brought some loud chuckles as I read them. If my Lyndsey farted like my fiancee does both would be sleeping in another room.:grnyuk:

Karen H

If anyone farts around or near Ruby she literally gets up, shoots a look of disgust and wanders in to another room!!

That goes for when she farts too!!!:lol:

One of my Cavaliers, Rufus, used to fart for England when he was older and quite poorly. It really did offend him too, and he'd dash away as soon as it happened - I used to call the poor old boy my methane propelled Cavalier.

Rosemary

Murphy moves after farting, it seems to offend him :lol:

Just a word of warning about letting dogs eat cut grass. Cut grass ferments very quickly after cutting which can cause stomach upset.

Benji does some right stinkers. Usually when he's fast asleep and relaxs a little too much and then sometimes if he over exerts himself. They really linger. It's not nice. Worse of all with the real stinky ones he'll give you evils and move away as if you did it.

This thread is hilarious...

Gracie did some minor farts before we got her on raw food and was having colitis on and off, but the WORST ones came when we tried to use the Pill Pocket treats. The duck and pea flavor for dogs with allergies ..... oh my gosh! I think those almost took the paint off the walls of the bedroom! Even if they had worked, which they didn't, I vowed to never give her those ever again.

Leo's are silent but deadly....... We never know there's one coming until its too late :yikes

Back