• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Isabelle's MRI Wednesday: best of luck

Pamela,

I have been thinking and praying for you and isabelle:hug:. I know this has been difficult and please feel free to e-mail me whenever. The best of luck and I know that no matter what, you have a lot of people here to support you.:hug:

Hi Pamela. Thinking of you and wondering if Isabelle has had her scan yet. I hope you're ok :flwr:

Isabelles MRI results

Hello Friends,

Thanks for all who wrote, I really do draw strength from each and everyone. Well the news was not actually what I wanted to hear, but it still was a answer to pray. When Dr Wayne L Berry did his exam with her and looked at the eyes and did all the physically exam, I was hopeful because he said he saw no signs, but then when I heard what he found in her MRI results it did show SM, however it is very moderate a very mild case seeing as she is 6 years old. He seemed very promising about her outcome and wants to keep her on the small amount of medication, it seems it is doing well with her the 50mg twice a day, however he does want to add a steroid shot once in awhile to help with the inflammation in the lower part. She does not need any type of surgery, for that I am ever so grateful that he does not see the need for that. They did a spinal tap wont know answers for that until a few days I believe. Thanks for all of the kind words and thoughts that were shared for Isabelle and myself. My prayer will continue to be that she will live a good life and the disease will not progress. She is doing well today a little groggy after her MRI but she seems to be in good spirits. Love to all!!

Blessings,:updte:
Pamela

Last edited:
It's always great news when a neurologist feels pretty confident that a dog can be managed on meds alone. Here's hoping for a happy and long long life for Isabelle from Riley, my SM dog who was diagnosed when she was almost six years old and is now 8 years old and is still running and loving life.

Isabelle and I say thanks

Thank you for the wonderful words of encouragement, that gives me great hope to know that your beloved cavalier is still running and enjoying life to the fullest. This is my hope and prayer also for Isabelle. She is the sweetest part of my life, I enjoy everyday God blessings me with her. Take Care

Blessings,
Pamela

My Oliver was also diagnosed with SM at 6. He's now 9, very fit, running around and enjoying a completely normal life. When he went to the vet earlier this year for his boosters, she gave him a quick check over and said 'He's very fit.' To which I replied 'He's got SM, spondylosis and a Grade 2 heart murmur, but yes, he's very fit - he's just not very healthy!' Long may Isabelle stay fit!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back