• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A dog called George

HollyDolly

You all may know abot this book but just in case:-

Whilst browsing at Manchester Airport book store I came across this book called My Life with George by Judith Summers. Its a delightful read about a bereaved family who buy a Cavalier king Charles Spaniel.
Animal enthusiasts will love this story of four-legged emotional rescue and how George re awoke their laughter- whilst driving them barking mad along the way. Enjoy.

Read this book recently, I found myself laughing, occasionally I had a lump in my throat, I really enjoyed it, I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it yet.

I enjoyed it too although the range of health issues that dog suffered is incredible. I don't think the lady went to a health focused breeder. I was sorry there wasn't any photos though.

I have this book....i loved it!:p
It is still sitting out in my bedroom.....as i love the picture of George on the front :)

Brought some tears to my eyes I can tell you.
AM actually in the process of persuading my hubby to read it :p
Great book guys (y)

my life with george

You all may know abot this book but just in case:-

Whilst browsing at Manchester Airport book store I came across this book called My Life with George by Judith Summers. Its a delightful read about a bereaved family who buy a Cavalier king Charles Spaniel.
Animal enthusiasts will love this story of four-legged emotional rescue and how George re awoke their laughter- whilst driving them barking mad along the way. Enjoy.
i loved the book it made me laugh and cry

I think poor George had health issues because she stuffed his face full of the most unsuitable food imaginable!!:pHe trained her exceptionally well too.....
I enjoyed the book a lot mainly because we could all identify with how much a dog becomes part of your life and eventually takes over and we love it that way.
Sins

Was she Irish? I think I saw a full page story on it in one of the newspapers about a year ago. It was just after our second pup died from a litany of health problems, but the article made me smile and resolved me to stick with the breed (although I was anyway!).
(funnily enough my mother cut it out for me because she thought it would put me off getting another cavalier!)

it is the best book i have ever read!!

my mom brought it for me for my birthday, i read it once, the whole family then had it, took it on hol, read it twice then once more on the way home lol and now my nan has it AGAIN lol.

i would reccomend it and am going to get my bf to read it when i have it back haha because he loves my dogs even though he wants a big GSD (not while im around haha, Cavs first lol)

Back