• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Collecting New Cavi on Sunday!

TillyTommy

We may be adopting a new cavi on Sunday, She is three years old. My question is how do I introduce her to my other two Cavi's? Is there a method that works best? Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer:)

I'm so jealous! I really want a cavalier. Only 3 more years -sighs-. I'm not really sure but I'd have them meet like at a park or the dog park. Good luck with three! That is sure a lot.

Vanessa

Thanks so much! Ive had a look and its great advice - and Nessa why 3 more years? I could never wait that long, lol

It's because my parents don't like dogs very much so I have to wait until I move out. Two (and a half) more years of high school and then one year of college in the dorms until I move into an apartment! I hate waiting!

Vanessa

It's because my parents don't like dogs very much so I have to wait until I move out. Two (and a half) more years of high school and then one year of college in the dorms until I move into an apartment! I hate waiting!

Vanessa

Nessa,it is very hard waiting I know from experience, but as you get older and the years go by ever more quickly you will come to realise that the old saying is true, "EVERYTHING comes to they who wait!"

Meanwhile TillyTommy, Congrats on your new dog if all works out well at the week-end! (y)

Thanks very much but I must admit I am a bit nervous as she is 3 years old. I am seeing her with an open mind and hopefully I will feel she will fit in with family and doggy family:)

Thanks very much but I must admit I am a bit nervous as she is 3 years old. I am seeing her with an open mind and hopefully I will feel she will fit in with family and doggy family:)

I've read it's best for all dogs involved to be tired out, especially the two you already have. Take the two to the dog park or for a long run and wear them out. When they are tired they are more passive and therefore, gentler. Just my 2 cents!

Mandy

Whenever I'm taking Dylan to someone else's house who has a dog, I ask if they can go for a little walk together before going into the house, you could do this. I only go round the block. It's nice for the dog whose house it is, they make friends on the walk before expecting them to be ok about a new dog in the house. Hope it goes ok.

Good luck for tomorrow with your new girl, l hope everything goes well and she fits into the family just great :xfngr:

Hello - we have been home for 2 hours now and she is a GEM!
i was a bit worried about how my two others would react but they just had a sniff and that was it! She is truely adorable and fits in like she has always been part of the family. I have to keep reminding the boys not to neglect the older two! She is sooo tiny and petite and I could not ask for a better little girl. I love them all to bits! My sofa is only now big enough for me and my dogs - everyone esle is on the floor. How do you post pictures and I will post a few tomorrow if I can. My gang is only now missing a Ruby!! Dont think I will go there but you never know!!!

Congratulations!!!! Oh I can't WAIT for pictures!!!!!!!!

Here is how I post pictures. First I upload them from my computer to the free program photobucket.com. Then I click on each picture I want to link to. Photobucket will give you the direct link; it will end in .jpg. If the photo is too big, then you can easily resize it in Photobucket, simply read the screen.

Once you have the photo in Photobucket the size you want to post, copy the URL of the picture...come here and click "add reply" then click on the little box that looks like a mountain
insertimage.gif
then paste the URL to your image in Photobucket.

Back