• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Does your dog do this?

Jessieca

Every time we go to the park, or for a walk, if Bailey goes up to another dog or person, he whines. I mean really whines. Without fail. I don't know if he is necessarily afraid, because he doesn't seem afraid. I don't know if he is just trying to get attention. He will almost never do it if there isn't another dog or person around. I have tried to socialize him well, but it has not helped at all. Actually, when we went to the breeder to get him, we could hear him whining from upstairs heh, and we sat down and he jumped in our laps and started licking us and was so SO sweet. Maybe he was just needy from the start hehe :p His siblings were just running around playing, not paying us too much attention. He is such an active, healthy little puppy, but this whining thing is almost getting embarassing. Is it normal? Lately, he also will just sit and bark at the window, even if there is no one there. He does this like every other day at least. Is this him just wanting to go out and play? If the whining isn't normal, any suggestions about what I can do? Thanks :)

I don't know if it's normal, but Lily has done it since day one. She is almost 9 mos old now, and she whines when she sees dogs, people, if she wants something, just about for everything. Like you, I have tried to socialize her. She is in puppy class now, and is getting better, but she still has issues...:rolleyes:. I am thinking this is a Cav thing. She also does the low throaty growl when she wants something.

Wesley does this too, I just figured he was very vocal. He tells you exactly what he wants, when he wants it:

When we get in the car, he gets so excited that he whines like the excitement is about to expload out of him!

When he sees a squirrel outside (or a duck or a golfer), he whines like not being able to chase them is causing physical pain.

He also does it at dinner time, but then I can expect the ear piercing high pitched cry that sounds like the smoke detector is low on batteries :rolleyes: .

But he also groans like an old man when he is getting hugs and love, then snorts in disdain when we stop scratching him. Spoiled much? :lol:

Wesley does this too, I just figured he was very vocal. He tells you exactly what he wants, when he wants it:

When we get in the car, he gets so excited that he whines like the excitement is about to expload out of him!

When he sees a squirrel outside (or a duck or a golfer), he whines like not being able to chase them is causing physical pain.

He also does it at dinner time, but then I can expect the ear piercing high pitched cry that sounds like the smoke detector is low on batteries :rolleyes: .

But he also groans like an old man when he is getting hugs and love, then snorts in disdain when we stop scratching him. Spoiled much? :lol:

Hahahah - your post made me LOL. Sounds like Bailey! Well, at least I know it's not just him then haha.

Hi,

Lia is very vocal too. She whines when she sees dogs, people, and always asking for attention. Of course we ignore her.

Our breeder told us that this was a cavalier issue, that we should ignore her. At home Lia used to whin for everything, but now she does it less.

Occasionally when either Milo or Monty see another person that they want 2 go up to and cant (because on leash or whatever) they will whine softly..but not in a scared way...more an "i want 2 go over there" sort of whine..

Also when being hugged or rubbed (almost like a massage) they groan and as said above "like an old man"

Yes Prince does this also, if we are out walking and he sees someone a mile away he will start whining because he wants to play:)

Toby who is 7 months does this crying thing as well especially when he gets excited. It is so loud at times ive had people when im out walking with him running out of their houses thinking a dog has been hurt. this happens when we meet another dog, then its combined with the crying and barking. Also if hes been left in the kitchen with Sally for a while, like at night, then who ever is the first 2 come down in the morning is greeted with this lovely greeting. At least it wakes us up properley.

Back