• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dominant dog

Murphys mum everytime I see your Avitar picture it reminds me of my Harvey.
345536386_b615045463.jpg

P1020004.jpg

They are both gorgeous big lads aren't they:D

What lovely handsome boys and very similar looking.
Hope your feeling better about what your pal said - he is thinking that Murphy should be treated and trained the same as a guard dog - i agree with others he simply doesn't understand the difference in the two breeds.

Both mine do all the stuff Murphy does and we wouldn't have it any other way either. I've never regretted getting a second dog and if money and space would allow i'd have at least two more (i want a Ruby and a B&T;))

Murphys mum, another thing I have noticed is they both have that funny coloured nose. Everbody laughs at the size of Harvey especially next to Alfie who happens to be extra small.

931176435_9c992281be.jpg

Hey, if you encourage him on the lounge & on the bed, then that is not a sign that he is dominant. It is simply a sign that you like your dogs on the bed & on the lounge. Now if the situation were that when you told him to get off, he growled at you, that would be a different matter.

I mean, this is a little Cavalier for goodness sake. He's not likely to turn into Cujo & start ripping throat out is he.

:D Multiple dog families are happy families... in my humble opinion.

Hey dont be worried he's your dog living in your house abiding by your rules :) if your happy with murphys behaviour and he's happy with your rules what's the problem! dont let your friend tell you any different . to me it sounds as if he is just envious of your relationship with murphy:mad:
Is he the owner of a dog that gets left in the backyard all the time and gets no attention whatsoever ?
Ive had people tell me its wrong to have a dog sleep in their bed,others that say Alex is a "rat" not a dog cos he so small and yet these people have NO pets at all :mad::mad::mad: they make my blood boil ...theyre just jealous
You get as many cavs as you like its you after all that looks after them:dogwlk: theyre such a posh dog and we are proud owners of them all:D:D

Hey, I used to have my parents and acquaintances tell me how 'pampered' my human DAUGHTERS were (oh and still are). It is VERY easy to pamper those in your lives that are a JOY. <Both daughters tested in the top 3% in the country for their age/grade, their behavior was extremely good - even through the teen years>. If things are going well-- don't change a thing.

My furry kids are pampered and I've had people say if they had to be reincarnated as an animal-- they'd want to come back as one of my dogs

Last edited:
Back