• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Heading off tomorrow!!!

KimNIndy

i haven't been around much in the last few of weeks and am still trying to catch up on what's been going on----sorry if i have missed anyone's happy/sad/exciting events!

so tomorrow is the big day and i'm moving back to atlanta as of 10:45am!:wggle: the house is in such a state i don't know how i'm going to pull it together and finish my packing but it will happen eventually:confused: i'm excited but sad to leave this lovely place and my friends, and i have to say i'm a bit nervous as i've spent most of my adult life here!

so mr. indy jones has a flight booked for wednesday. he's been feeling so much better and got full health clearence last wednesday. i decided in the end that he would be much more comfortable in a bigger kennel in cargo. he's flying first to frankfurt where he'll spend the night (my vet had great things to say about the facilities there which made me feel much better) and then he's off direct to atlanta and i get him thursday afternoon!!!! i'm so nervous about putting my baby on a plane for such a long time and i hope he'll forgive me! his lovely personalised duvet from emma will help him snuggle on the way.

so the parents are getting ready for their first ever dog in the house <gasp!> but only until august when my hubby moves over to join us :lotsaluv: , so i'll probably be posting with lots of questions and advice---thanks in advance!

sorry i didn't get to meet more of our irish board members, but we WILL be able to receive guests from august onwards :)

so signing off for a day or two----looking forward to meeting some of our southern cavaliers!!!

xx kim:drivecar: :dgwlk:

Oh Kim....I know this move is bitter sweet for you. I hope all goes well, and I know Indy will be just fine. We were in Atlanta last weekend and had a wonderful time. Please let us know how the move went and also how Indy did on his big adventure. I'll be thinking of you and Indy. :hug:

Good luck with the move. Gosh, moving is a huge chore at any time. I can't imagine how difficult it must be moving interstate, especially with pets. I hope it goes smoothly.

Good luck with your move! Let me know when you get settled in and I will send you the email address to be added to the list for the monthly Cavalier meet-up at Piedmont Park! We haven't been yet but I have heard it's great and there are about 40 Cavaliers running around!

:) Hey Kim,

Did you pick up your boy?? How was your flight? How do you like being back "home?" :)

Glad you picked the decision to put him in cargo - it's an awful long flight to be under the seat of a plane. :(

Look forward to hearing updates! :)

hi everyone thank you all for your support!

indy is here :rah: :rah: :rah: i am just so happy and relieved to have my little furbaby back with me. indy arrived safe and sound yesterday afternoon and the staff were so friendly and helpful and made sure that i was distracted during the wait for him to be brought from the plane to the cargo area. i had been tracking him on the cargo website obsessively since wednesday. he's in great shape now but yesterday he was a little disoriented obviously after all the changes and exhausted after the plane journey. he was still exuberant indy--i got all of two licks after i let him out of his crate and then he wanted to sniff everything in sight. about 45 minutes after we got back he calmed down and was himself again. he's settling in great here--much faster than i expected. he loves my parents' yard and the house feels so huge to him. so far they have really warmed to him and i knew that he had won mom over when she started searching all over the house for a stool so that he could jump onto a chair 'to see out the window easier.'

this morning we are going to petsmart (so i can spend even MORE money that i don't have) and then i have to leave him for a couple of hours to have a job interview. after that he's coming to a friend's house with me to meet his 'cousin,' a little rescue chocolate lab/chiuahua mix (imagine a tiny chocolate lab with very short legs) so hopefully they will get on famously.

thanks so much for your messages and PMs!!! have to get ready for my little part time interview!

k

I'm so glad yourself and Indy had a safe trip. You'll have to change the location in your profile now!

Good luck in your interview.

Back