• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My "little" girls, Anna and Star

Bruce H

These are my "little" girls, Anna (top) and Star. I took a lot of pictures of them standing, but the pictures just didn't do their size justice, so I took these.

68477195_2a23bc11c3_o.jpg

Even these don't show how really big they're getting, especially Star. They were not very happy about getting their pictures taken again. I feel so sorry for them with the shaved bellies, but it's necessary for the ultrasound and makes it easier for the puppies to nurse.

We are starting to worry a bit about Star going too early. Kris said she was panting last night (I slept through it; BAD dad!) for a while, but then settled down and went to sleep. We expect she will go somewhat early, but we don't want her to go too early. If we can hold her off til this Saturday or Sunday, I think she will be OK. We never had a litter this big before and we are scared to death.

Let me apologise in advance if this is the wrong place to post this~ Please feel free to move it or deleate.

Bruce,

Please know that we are all thinking of you ....and Star and hoping for the best. I totally understand your nerves being on edge, thats a BIG litter~
With the close attention that you and your wife are keeping on Star Im sure everything will work out perfect. We are all here for you, and thanks again for sharing all this with us.
Dawn

Wow, great pictures, you can really see how big they both are! Crazy to think of all those puppies in there!! :shock:

[quote="Maxwell&me"
Bruce,

Please know that we are all thinking of you ....and Star and hoping for the best. I totally understand your nerves being on edge, thats a BIG litter~
With the close attention that you and your wife are keeping on Star Im sure everything will work out perfect. We are all here for you, and thanks again for sharing all this with us.
Dawn[/quote]

I do feel that this says it all for me :D

Hang in there, Bruce. I know you must be on pins and needles with the girls time nearing. Please, please keep us up to date on their condition. I feel like we have all become godparents to your girls and are keeping them in our thoughts and prayers. Best wishes to you and yours.
JaneB

Dawn, this is your forum too and just the right place to post such encouragement! :)

Wow do they have BIG bellies Bruce!! I am sure all will go well and I'll be hoping the pups stay inside at least until the weekend. Don't come out yet, little babies!

Oh my!! those poor girls!! Hope they are able to hold 'dem babies in for a little while longer!! ;)

We're all thinking of you and Kris! Hope everything goes smoothly! Do you have anyone who can come over and help out with the whelping?? Two dogs whelpingn at the same time -- four hands might not be enough! I know that sometimes a vet tech at my work would go help whelp puppies.

We are working on getting someone to help if we need it. A friend of ours who used to breed Cavaliers said she would do everything in her power to help, but couldn't gaurantee anything; depends on what day and what time of day. She is a very reliable person, so we know she means what she says. Just looking for another backup just in case.

The good thing is that even if both Anna and Star go at the same time, there is generally at least 10 minutes (usually more) between puppies. So all they would have to do is time their pups right it it wouldn't be a huge problem.

Thank you all SO much for all the positive thoughts. With all this positive thinking, everything has to go all right. I just have to learn not to worry so much; I hate worrying, it's so counterproductive.

Hi Bruce

Thinking of you and Kris, Star and Anna not too much longer.
Will be praying that they hold they in until at least the wkd, and both
don't go at the same time.
Does your Vet do house calls Bruce ?????????? just in case.
So many little puppies, but you have both been through this many times
and I am sure you will have everything ready and under control.

No house calls around here :( at least not that I've ever heard of. Only the emergency vet, about 15 minutes away.

Yes, we're as ready as we can be, that's why I hate worrying. I always told my daughter when she was worrying about something "If there's something you can do about a situation, do it. If you can't do anything about it, worrying won't help". Not always so easy to follow my own advice.

Bruce H said:
No house calls around here :( at least not that I've ever heard of. Only the emergency vet, about 15 minutes away.

Yes, we're as ready as we can be, that's why I hate worrying. I always told my daughter when she was worrying about something "If there's something you can do about a situation, do it. If you can't do anything about it, worrying won't help". Not always so easy to follow my own advice.

Sorry Bruce, the Vet I take Dudley to is a breeder and will do house
calls but only in the general area of her practice. She will also meet you
at the clinic if need be, that is one of the reasons why I go to her as it
is over 1 1/2 hour drive to get to her. She breeds Great Dames icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes

Bruce,

Gosh, if I were closer and had more experience ( I have none...lol )
Id help you~ But know you'll be in thoughts and prayers over the next few days....I did speak to your wife the other night, shes a wonderful lady..and sounds extremily Knowledgeable and very up to date...Try and relax a bit, it warms my heart to see you so worked up, and Im sure your prepaired for everything. All you can do is your best~ Gods got the rest

Thinking of you all, Bruce. Paws and fingers crossed here for smooth labours and lots of gorgeous, healthy pups - wish we lived near you too!!

Sending lots of positive healthy thoughts, sounds like you are as organised as it is possible to be - just remember to keep that camera fully charged, and take lots and lots of photos for us!! :D

Back