• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New board features

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Note that there's now an announcement posted above the General news bar that tells you about some of the new features on the board which won;t be obvious just by looking at it! :)

If you haven't read it, please do, and maybe go have a look at the FAQs as lots of the board functionality is explained there. Be sure to check out your blog, contacts and friends, social groups, photo album features and more. :p

I have also created a social group for Members in Ireland so go sign up if you fall into this category. Others can set up their own social groups too! Basically the groups are a good way for people with similar interests etc to stay in touch -- I think the social group feature will be useful for people from a region to plan a get together for example. You can limit viewership to members of the group though keep in mind mods and admin can see all groups so don't get up to anything naughty, please! :lol: You can set up a group for anything but please set up groups that will be useful and fun for people than just set them up for the sake of setting them up. (y)

You'll find your profile is a lot more versatile and that it integrates with your blog. Also, your blog post number now appears under your board post number. As more goes into people's blogs, there will be plenty to go visit elsewhere on the board. :) You can vote for blog threads you like and the most popular will be linked to from the home page.

Also, if you start tagging your threads and posts when relevant, tag 'clouds' will come up on advanced searches and you can also search tagged information.

Anyway I have hardly begun to even look at all the new stuff though I have set up a basic blog and the first social group to help give people examples.

Back