• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Trying new software

I find it quite easy, but mainly I use , but did have the version 7 for years, so am used to it. XI, not the latest (X2 is out) has lots of instant fixes for photos , that weren't in 7 (they did a major change at X), but I prefer to do things manually (eg red eye gives much better results-the eg on this thred was done very quickly, but with time, you can reproduce a really good natural eye , complete with glints).

Paul had a demo copy of Photoshop and said Paintshop was much easier to use (and much cheaper). You can get a demo of Paintshop from the Corel website.

To prepare for the web, the crop tool is click to select then drag a box, resize is just a quick entry in a dialogue box (i keep a max of 450 pixels on each edge with ratio kept constant) and export gives a dialogue box to up or down the compression, an ok and save as.
Hi Barbara,

Is the package easy to use? I am currently using the google freebie to edit my pictures but its quite limited. Although I work in computers I'm not very "computer minded" - Ive thrown a wobbler at publisher this afternoon because it keeps deleting things I don't want to delete! (I'm trying to do the boys pedigrees in pictures)

Back