• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Weeing overnight

It could well be a one off.

Reuben had never done a wee overnight from the moment we got him at 9 weeks. Then about 3 weeks ago he did one on 2 consecutive nights, then never again.

During the day, however, he does them whereever and whenever he feels like it!!! :lotsaluv:

:xctly:

Anna will sleep with me in bed for 12+ hours without going out, but if she's up and there is a bit of towel on the floor, she just goes. :grnyuk:

So that leaves me with lots of :v*cuum: to do. :swear:

Another wee last night - & she was sick a bit of bile too, she didnt want to go for her walk this mornign either (but that could have been the rain as she HATES rain!) gonna keep an eye on her poor baby.

I don't want to freak you out, but this is exactly what happened when my JRT started her decline last year @ 14 YO. Her kidneys started failing and those were the first indicators. Keep a close eye on her and you may want to go see your vet, especially if she throws up again.

Thanks for asking!

The sick/bile was a one off but the weeing has started to being more common again unfortunatly.:(

So, this morning I have started giving her 'dorwest herbs' mixed vegetable tablets, in their brochure a few of their customers have reccomended it for the same problem - so going to still keep giving her the valarian at night too as this is having other benefits (temperment with other dogs) & try this for a while & see if theres any improvement with that.

As she's in very good condition Im not too worried at this stage of it being her kidneys but next time I take her to the vet I will get bloods done.

One other thing I have noticed when we're out in the park she loves to run but shes not running as much as she used to & she looks like an old dog running now (very slightly stiff). So I think she's just getting old!

Yes, sounds like she is. Incontinence, arthritis, etc. All the fun stuff that goes along with getting old! ;)

It's just funny how quick it's come on - maybe it's the stress of having to look after a puppy!!!

:updte:

So.................... Cass went for about a month with virtually no accidents at night but the past 2 weeks pretty much every night theres a wee so last night I decided to take her to the vets this morning & get bloods done to see if there is something else going on or if they can give me any other advice.

She's still on the mixed veg tablets but they dont seem to be doing anything anymore.

Of course as I decided that last night there was noo wee last night but Im still going to take her as at least if I get the blood work done & it comes back clear I'll know she's ok in herself.

We're going to stay with my parents for a week at Xmas & mum has carpets throughout the house so im thinking I might get more of the puppy pads I had when Sparky was a pup so maybe she will go on those rather than the carpet? Im just hoping that it dosnt start making Sparky dirty at night too?

Let us know how you get on at the vets later, hopefully there's no medical reason as to why she's going through the night..

Right so we're home from the vets - Cass is having a nice sleep after her cup of tea & biscuits (doggie not human!).

I saw the vet I dont really like at the animal hospital, shes quite patronising & taks very quietly so you have to ask her to repeat everything - then when she does she says it like youre thick!

So, Cass has had a T4 blood test, have to call for results Tuesday lunchtime. She gave her a thouragh look over & said shes in great shape for her age (She manipulated her shoulder I said was a little stiff & aid yes it was a litle stiff & said she shoud be on glucosamine - which she has been on since she injured her shoulder when she was 6 months).

Regarding the weeing at night she dosnt thnk she's incontinent & dosnt think that it's in any way illness related (but obviously the blood test will let us know if theres anything else going on) - she thinks it's prob something that sounded like narcalepsy (???) to me - but she said its just one of those things, & I'll prob just have to put up with it as there isnt really any treatent for it. - then she started on well she is an old dog........................ & I butted in saying I dont care if she wee's on my floor, it's on tiles which are easily cleaned so if thats her only problem I'll look after it.

Then she took Cass off for the blood test & a nurse brought her back to me & said to call for the results on Tuesday - so I didnt realy get any answers.

Im not totaly impressed with this vet - she saw Leo when he was diagnosed with CHF & almost was trying to get me to let him go at diagnosis coz of his age (almost 14) - but with medication he lived another 11 happy months. She strikes me as a bit of a pessamist.

Can anyone reccoment a better vet in the Tallaght area? (even PM me as I dont think we can put the names on the board?) I chose this one because it's the closest to me & a friend of mine said they were brilliant throughout her Jack Russels life but Im loosing faith in them to be honest.

Hi Sonia

and thanks for informing us about the little Cass, hope everything will work out well
i am very interested in valarian and its positive effetcs, my nicki is often nervous despite i try to keep him busy most of the time, does valarian help also to make them more friendly with other dogs?

thank you

i think valarian is great, ive used it for many years now - mainly my last dog leo coz he has fear issues with fireworks and loud bangs but now im using it with cass - its made her a lot more comfortable with other dogs now.

Will be ringing the vets at lunchtime to get the blood tests results

So, my vet just called me with Cass's results - which frightened tge bejayzus out of me as i hate when they call when they tell you to call.

So, everything was normal except liver function which was slightly up but nit too bad considering her age. She wants me to get cass retested in 3-6 months to keep an eye on that.

Then she told me she thinks cass has canine cognitive disorder although its quite hard ti diagnose properly. She explained its a bit like alziehimers. Theres lots of different trearments for it so its hard to treat too she said. So shes starting her on a suppliment that may help, she didnt say the name of it but said its a suppliment rather than a medication but its helped other dogs with similar problems so we're giving it a go.

I dont know much about canine cognitive disorder - does anyonw have ant experience?

I told my vet that Cassies mother has cushins syndrome at the same age Cass is now so i wondered if this could be connected? She said possibly but possibly not.

So im off to the vet now for the suppliment.

Back