• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What is tetraparetic and ataxic?

anniemac

Trying to read medical language is foreign to me. I am reading dr. Rusbridges book and I am especially interested in weakness.

Ella is having trouble climbing and walking. She does the leg slip if she tries to sit. Leg twitches etc. Of course I'm concerned with it getting worse.

She said that most dogs remained able to walk but some had (my topic heading)

I imagine this might be what ella is experiencing? I worry about what this means. Ella does not cry, yelp, but any input?

Moving came just in time because she can't handle 3rd floor and carrying her is getting really hard.

Thanks

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

You can always google terms, wikipedia is an excellent source. Another place to check is YouTube, typing a medical term + dog will get some really great veterinary videos.

Tetraparetic- tetra=four paretic~=paralysis, so basically weakness affecting all four limbs

Ataxic- means uncoordinated

Thanks, I did that now I have questions which I means I have more questions :) is Ella symptoms of having her leg fall when sitting signs of this starting and should I assume it could get worse and end in paralysis?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Back