• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Wish Jaspar luck

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
He has to have a growth taken off a hind toe on Friday. :( He started licking his foot quite a bit on Saturday evening and he has a big lump there that seems to have come from nowhere -- he definitely has not been licking it before. Now it has gotten a bit ulcerated. I had the boys in for their three-year booster vaccines (cannot believe it has been three years! :eek: Where does the time go...) and had this checked and this seems the best option as I can get it biopsied then too, to be on the safe side.

On the good side, both Leo and Jaspar had clear hearts and my vets are pretty accurate at picking up murmurs.

But Jaspar will go in Friday morning to have that thing removed. He will go nuts if he has to wear a cone.

I hope everything goes well for him and he has a speedy recovery. He'll be back pulling trees out of creeks in no time :D

You did well to spot it so quickly. I hope he doesn't find it too much of an ordeal. How about something protecting his foot instead of a cone? I suppose he'll try and pull whatever you put on off! You could try a baby's bootie and put some string around the top? Just an idea! :confused:
You mention that he had gone for his 3 yearly injections - just out of interest, after much reading I am reluctant to give my boys the injections every year - is once every three years a good alternative?
Sam is now 9 years with a Grade 3 and I ideally I don't want him to have any more injections (last one Feb 07). Billy is 7 months and has had the first lot - would it be dangerouus to leave another 2 years? Thanks :luv:

Good Luck Jaspar! I'll be praying for you, sweet boy.

Karlin, I just saw in Petco yesterday they now make an inflatable ring (sort of like those sleeping neck pillows people use for travel) for dogs instead of the big lampshade cones. I wonder if Jasper would be happier with something like that? I'd be happy to ship you one, with express shipping if I mailed today it might get there by Saturday. (you have done so much for us all, it would be the least I could do as a 'thank you'.) PM me if that interests you.

Last edited:
Crossing our paws and fingers for Jaspar. We know he is a trooper and will pull through. Knock on wood for both their clear heart exam.

Oh poor Jaspar, wil be thinking of you little fellow,and sending lots of love and postivie thougths for your recovery...

karlin, i really hope it is nothing to worry about - it's good that you have acted quicklyand always best to get these things chekced out {sorry about the typing, you know why :( }

Will be thinking of you both .

Great news about the hearts though - always such a worry so it's really good and reassuring for the op.

BobbyPuppy, if Sam has a grade 3 heart murmur then you should speak toyour vet about vaccines, as the pcakaging insert says that the dog should be fit and healthy - obviously with a murmur like that he is not...

many peopel are now following the three year vaccination schedule - search for vaccine/vaccination on this site and you will find plenty of posts about it.

Good luck Jaspar! Linda's Quincy just had a bump removed from his foot and it all worked out fine. Hoping the same for you!

Good luck on Friday Jaspar :xfngr: it's something very minor and you wont be bothered by it ever again. Cara and Minnie send you lots of girlie kisses :luv: and will be crossing their :paw: :paw:'s for you to make a speedy recovery.

Poor Jasper,
I'm sure he'll be fine, probably nothing more than an infection around the claw area. No doubt he'll be bouncing round the house a few hours later.
Sins

I hope everything goes ok for Jasper. As the problem occurred suddenly , it's likely to be becuse of a froeign body or local infection.

We are all thinking of you Jasper & Karlin. Bailey had a lump on his paw last year - everything will be ok.

Back