• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Wish Jaspar luck

Hope Jaspar is ok, we all know how special he is to you - and to us, through your posts and photos. Have been thinking of you both.

Thinking of Jaspar today....hopefully he is doing great and sleeping soundly, dreaming of birds, sticks and all things doggies love:)

Sorry it has taken so long to post but this is the first moment I have had all day to sit down at the computer.

I got the call around lunchtime that he was fine and had come around from the anaesthetic and I collected him around 4:30. They sent the lump off to be biopsied -- the vet said that if it had continued to grow they'd have had to take the entire toe off. :eek:

I went out for a bit this evening and returned to find he'd taken his bandage off completely -- it was really wrapped well! :eek: He only has to keep it on til Monday; he's such a stinker. I've pieced something back together involving the bandage, some clean bandage tape, and on top of all that, an airline sock as a covering. :rolleyes: I may have to take him back in to get it redone but it will last the night.

He wants to run all over the place of course as well. Not a good patient!! :lol: Thanks for all the good wishes and now to try and keep him semi-calm and that bandage intact.

:xfngr: Fingers crossed that the result comes back as "benign". Got to laugh at those rascals getting their dressings off.

:rah:Glad Jaspar is doing well...:rah:and what a good thing that you had the lump removed when you did!

So glad your little precious guy is back with you and that all went well. Seems like you got him there at the right time. Perhaps your vet will apply a semi-plaster of paris type bandage which is so much firmer and more difficult to come undone, but at the same time of course, he may have perfectly good reasons for not using this method. Our Lab, Gemma( at the Bridge) cut her paw badly when we lived in Germany and this is the type of bandage they used. She tried every way possible to remove it, but couldn't! It served two purposes; quicker healing possibilities and gave us peace of mind when we had to go out. Take care, and get well soon Jasper.

Glad it went well for little Jaspar. Give him an extra little cuddle from us tonight. We'll keep our fingers and paws crossed for a good biopsy result.:xfngr::xfngr::paw::paw::paw:

Do you have any of that self adhesive vet bandaging? It looks like gauze dipped in colorful coatings. It would be great for holding his sock on.

The self adhesive stuff is what he managed to get off -- I couldn't believe it as it was really tight and secure. :sl*p: He had a nice little red 'sock' and somehow he worked it completely off.

Hope Jasper's toe heals quickly and the results are good.

What a little stinker getting his bandage off!

oh thank you for updating us - sorry you had such a busy day when you were worried about jaspar too.

Glad he came through ok - and that you acted so promptly - a lesson to us all...

Really hope that the results come back ok - will keep sending lots of positve thoughts for Jaspar and for you.

Oh they are little so-and-so's with bandages - amzing what they can remove. Hope you manage to come up with something that stays on.

Well I was out this morning to take Fred and Judy, the last pair of cavaliers I had in rescue, to their new home :rah:. So I rang the vets as it was clear he was going to gradually work off the bandage I did -- he isn't pulling at it that much but it isn't a proper job and keeps loosening. So now, he has a white bandage that is part taped down to the longer hair still on his lower leg as it is easier to pull off if it is only stuck to the shaved part! I deliberately gave him an empty Kong toy to guard as well as then he will sit still on it and not run around trying to rub off the bandage. :rolleyes: He's pretty good though; didn't mind at all have the bandage redone by the vet.

That's so funny that he'll sit still to guard an empty Kong! Smart thinking, though--if that's what it takes to keep him still a bit!

Glad he's doing well. Any word when to expect the results?

Oh Jaspar!!! Silly boy. That's scary that if it had continued to grow he would have lost a toe....glad you caught it early enough.

Good luck, Jasper!
We'll be pulling for you little guy.
You will be in our prayers, Karlin.
I bet every thing goes well and Jasper will be fine in no time. :)

- From the Haughey's of Davidsonville -

Back