• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

2nd dog questions

jill

hello... i'm excited to announce that max will be getting a brother this saturday. although it is not another cavalier.... we are getting a brittany puppy! max is 2 1/2 years old and i was just wondering if anyone could offer up some advice about introducing them.

do you feed both at the same time?

the new puppy will be crate trained, but max is no longer crated... any suggestions on how to go about that?

any advice would be appreciated...

thanks!

Congrats! :) There's a whole set of links about adding a second dog in the Library section.

The puppy will be needing more meals than Max but I'd feed them separately crated at the same time, or puppy in crate, Max out of crate.

Best to introduce on neutral territory -- although that may not be possible with a puppy not done with its vaccinations. If it is done, bringing both separately to meet at a park is a good way to let them meet and interact.

Max may not be too happy for a good while -- first dogs aren't always thrilled right away with an addition, so don't be put off if Max isn't exactly delighted! :lol:. Always supervise interactions and don't leave them alone together until a you are very sure they are friendly and safe together -- at minimum, a couple of weeks.

hi,

congratulations

Harry sleeps on his bed in the kitchen and heidi our pup sleeps in her crate in the kitchen and they've adjusted to it, i also have to feed her in there otherwise she'd eat harry's too.

good luck xx

Congratulations on the new little one, don't forget to post some photo's of him when he gets settled in (y)

congrats!

wow! a Brittany puppy! handsome!! great dogs as well!
your puppy will out grow your cavalier fast!

my cocker chingching (3yr old) is still getting use my cavalier puppy.
Its been 3 month and they are doing better.
but in our case is the little nemo bugging chingching who happen to be the baby. I am confident that things will be better when the puppy grow up a little bit more. (stop bitting poor chingching's ear and tail already!)

oh! remember to show us the puppy picture soon!

I don't have much advice, but there is lots of information already on this wonderful site. :) Congrats on your new puppy!

Back