• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A silly question about males

Hi all, I'm pretty sure this is unlikely to happen to any of the dogs owned by people on this board but it's worth noting that our rescue Brandy could not lift his leg to pee as he was so neglected his dew claws had grown into the pads thus forcing him to squat it was so painful. A lot of vets and groomers forget about the dew claws so it is worth checking them just in case there is a problem. Brandy's groomer checks his dew claws and trims them every time now because they tend to grow in automatically.

Hi all, I'm pretty sure this is unlikely to happen to any of the dogs owned by people on this board but it's worth noting that our rescue Brandy could not lift his leg to pee as he was so neglected his dew claws had grown into the pads thus forcing him to squat it was so painful. A lot of vets and groomers forget about the dew claws so it is worth checking them just in case there is a problem. Brandy's groomer checks his dew claws and trims them every time now because they tend to grow in automatically.

You mentioned Dew Claws, does anyone remove them?

Brian is an "only child", so he had no role models to learn from. He squated like a girl since we got him at 8 weeks old, and he still squats now at almost 9 months old. He was neutered at 6 months, and nothing has changed in the pee pee department, so we shall see as he gets older.

This will de-bunk all of the myths. My Riley was neutered at 6 months. He squatted before he was neutered and after up until 2 weeks ago. Riley is now 2 1/2 yrs and just started to lift his leg, out of the clear blue. I wish he still squatted because he is not good at his new behavior and makes a real mess of himself. He will still squat when he doesn't have something to lift his leg on. Funny dog.:badgrin:
Pat & Riley 2 1/2 make B&T New Jersey

Tanner has cocked his leg since he was 7 months old, and has continued since neutering. Whiskey has only recently started cocking his leg, although sometimes he goes off balance - he barely lifts it - lazy little thing!

Pippin started to lift his leg at 4 months old (forward little boy. :D) and always did it to pee right up until he was neutered at 18 months old. Once neutered he varies his behaviour depending on the circumstances. His first pee of the day he usually squats because he has a full bladder and is a little desperate! After that he tends to lift his leg, whether there is anything to pee up or not.

Back