• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Am I allowed to put details of my new website on here?

Dianne, my heart was breaking as I read about your precious Lucy.:( I can't imagine how much you all have suffered. You did everything humanly possible to try to treat her SM and make her more comfortable. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you.

Dianne

I just read your story on your website and its breaking my heart :cry*ing:. You gave her the best care you possible give her and Lucy knew she had the best mum to take care of her. You are in my thoughts.
Sabby :hug::hug:

Dianne, I've just read your website. What a beautiful tribute to Lucy. For me, her story was a real eye opener as I had no idea that SM could progress so very quickly. :hug: :hug: to you and yours at this time.

Dianne,

I too have just looked at Lucy's website and am in tears as I write. I am so sorry that you and Lucy had to go through this, but you made the right decision to let her go. I was shocked at how quickly SM took over Lucy's life.

Fortunately many dogs can continue with a reasonable quality of life and continue to be loved by their owners (many of whom I read about on this board), but if a dog's suffering gets too much then letting them go is the kindest thing to do.

The website is a tribute to your beautiful girl and will also help people understand the heartbreak this disease causes and why we have to do something about it.

Thank you for posting this.

Best wishes,

Last edited:
I have just read your heartbreaking story. I admire your bravery and god forbid if Im ever faced with the same agonising decision your were I hope and pray I'll be as brave as you were.

God bless
Mel:(

:hug::hug:I cannot say a lot but loads of :hug::hug:
---Aileen and the gang(Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

What a beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing. A friend of mine just lost her dog to cancer, they had to put her down last night.

I will share this poem with her.

Dianne, Your web site is a wonderful tribute to dear Lucy. She may be gone but her memory will stay forever in your heart.:lotsaluv:

What a heartbreaking story! {{{{HUGS}}}} It is always so hard to loose a pup so young in life. But it sounds like she was in alot of pain so you had no choice. She is pain free and that you can be relieved.
Thank you for sharing.

How very sad you lost your beautiful Lucy to such a horrible disease.:(
Your tribute to her is very informative to other owner's- I had no idea they could be affected at such a rapid pace. Please take comfort in knowing you did the right thing in choosing to let her go, and be free of the pain she was in. Your love for her speaks volumes. :lotsaluv:

Thank you so much to everyone for their kind words they are very comforting :(

Thank you to everyone who has visited my website and/or left a comment (although every one of them made me cry) it really is helping me to come to terms with my loss.

Thank you.

Dianne

-x-

www.freewebs.com/lucymagicsky

Dianne, I am so sorry for your loss -- I have been away and without net access so am just catching up. You have a lovely website. :flwr:

Tears are in my eyes.. I'm so sorry for you and lucy!!
But at least she's at peace now..

Again this story somewhat makes me happy that our 3 seem healthy but on the other hand reading this makes me scared cause who knows what will happen..
It also convinced me even more to have Qnotje tested before she will ever have puppies.. Her parents and grandparents were tested, so will she and of course the male that we will choose for her has to be tested..
This way I hope to help make the breed healthier again!

Dianne I had a busy few days so just got to see your website now.

I am almost lost for words, your Lucy was beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss:(:flwr:

A year on I wanted to bump this up

It is a year on from Lucy magic Sky passing on to Rainbow bridge and I wanted to let Dianne know that she was in my thoughts all day yeaterday.
It was because of Lucy that I was made aware of SM and made the desision to get Ruby scanned and with out her she would have probably struggled on until the PDE film was aired.

if it comforts Dianne to know that she has helped even one dog get diagnosed then I so hope she can feel comfortted.

Lucy was a beautiful dog and her life was tragically cut short in a very short space of time. It has made me appreciate Ruby and Charlie so much more and cherish every single second they are with me.

1 year on you are still in my thoughts and every time I hear the song 'Fields of Gold' by Eva Cassidy I still shed a tear of sorrow

Karen, Ruby and Charlie

I am so sorry to hear abou7t this. Reading your website brought tears to my eyes for you nad fear to me that some day bobby might get SM.

I just read this for the first time as I wasn't a member a year ago. Was very hard reading for me because of my sweet Abbey. I don't know if you're ever on here anymore but the more we have sites like yours and mine the more we spread the word. Thank you for making this site and I know Lucy will help many other dogs. Hugs to you and your family

Likewise, I have only come across this now. What an incredibly moving website!

I do hope that Dianne and her family have found some peace now, a year after her brave decision to let her beloved Lucy go. Stories like theirs must just steel us all to do whatever we can, wherever we can, to fight these awful diseases and restore our precious Cavaliers to good health and happier lives.

RIP little Lucy :l*v:

I'm so sorry about Lucy, I cried when I saw your website and read her story. You tried so hard for her, but she is in heaven now, and away from all the pain. She will always be in you heart and in time you will remember all the good memories.:hug:

Back