• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

anyone live near me?

Sounds as if - once the weather warms up a bit - we need to organise a Cavalier picnic somewhere! Several people in Birmingham, others further south, me in Coventry. What would be a good central place to meet up? I don't have a car, so where we meet would need to be accessible by bus or train, but the boys and I are used to travelling to get to obedience shows, so we manage to get to most places. Ideas welcome!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Hi ya,

We are from Birmingham too (North Birmingham) We would love to get to know Cav owners :)

I am in Erdington which is also North Birmingham. Whereabouts are you then?

I know another Cavalier owner in Sutton Coldfield. She doesn't do obedience with her tricolour but has qualified him as a PAT Dog and the training she has given him is awesome. Put me to shame when I met her.

Cannon Hill Park is absolutely beautiful, very spacious and complete with a lake and wildfowl. There is plenty of seating there and also a cafe for anyone who wants to buy some take outs.

I am in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire. Me and Murphy would love a cavi walk!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps this is something the new Companion Cavalier Club will encourage - putting members in the same area in touch so that they can do things together.

Cannon Hill Park is indeed lovely, though the lake, formal gardens, children's play area and tennis courts are now off-limits to dogs. But there is good parking by the Nature Centre and from there we can get onto the Reay Valley path and then walk back on the other side of the park where there is a cafe for cups of tea. That's one possibility - I'll have a look at the map and see what other parks and open spaces there are on the east side of Bimingham (I've walked in most of them!) and then we can decide which is best for most people, and which day woud suit. Then pray for good weather!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back